F Ryan Roobroeck - Niagara IceDogs, OHL (2026 Draft)

austin63867

Nov 13, 2018
Saddened to have missed the chance to be first to post about Ryan Roobroeck but he seems like potentially the real deal. Incredibly dominant all around talent with a lot of maturity for his age. Obviously it's a bit soon but he's already incredibly exciting to watch. Will likely be a top OHL pick in the future if he holds up.

Reactions: MMC

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Saddened to have missed the chance to be first to post about Ryan Roobroeck but he seems like potentially the real deal. Incredibly dominant all around talent with a lot of maturity for his age. Obviously it's a bit soon but he's already incredibly exciting to watch. Will likely be a top OHL pick in the future if he holds up.
Possible he's the next exception player?

austin63867

Nov 13, 2018
Possible he's the next exception player?
Obviously too soon to say but if anyone seems likeliest for 2026 it's Roobroeck. By far the best Canadian in the draft so far and up with some elite company where he's played. It wouldn't surprise me to hear about Roobroeck as the next great draft prospect.

Reactions: MMC

austin63867

Nov 13, 2018
Also, like the article said and as he was mentioned also, Misa is highly skilled. Haven't seen much but from reports I've seen he's a great offensive player who produces everything. I need to see more of him but he seems like a really good player. Another guy I want to see from this list I'm keeping my eye on is Michael Hage.

Last edited:

flamebird

Jul 28, 2007
I would shoe him in as a top 3-5 pick for his NHL draft class. He's dominated at every level growing up and is the best player on a team as an underaged player in London.

Hage (2006) will be an NHL draft pick. Misa (2007) will likely be a top 5-10 pick in his respective draft class (players mentioned in previous posts)

Ryan Van Horne

aka Scribe
Dec 1, 2005
Halifax
I watched one of the Knights' recent games and I was as impressed with Roobroeck's defensive play, routes, and positioning as I was his offensive game. His stride is good, and he doesn't get caught on breakaways, but he's not the kind of player who excels because of his speed. He's a smart hockey player, with good vision and skill. He thinks the game so quickly. FWIW, he led the recent Wendy Dufton tournament in scoring as underager -- and is a late birthday at that. He just turned 14 two weeks ago.

AnonymousHockey

Mar 20, 2019
I watched one of the Knights' recent games and I was as impressed with Roobroeck's defensive play, routes, and positioning as I was his offensive game. His stride is good, and he doesn't get caught on breakaways, but he's not the kind of player who excels because of his speed. He's a smart hockey player, with good vision and skill. He thinks the game so quickly. FWIW, he led the recent Wendy Dufton tournament in scoring as underager -- and is a late birthday at that. He just turned 14 two weeks ago.

I have to agree with this assessment. He’s incredibly smart and sees and reacts to the game so quickly. Like everything happens in slow motion for him. He does things in real time that some would only see on a replay. His skating isn’t the greatest by any stretch. He looks awkward a bit even, but he’s also not slow, or choppy. Like he’s just skating more straight up rather than lower. Still, he’s a magician with the puck, and skating isn’t holding him back. I wouldn’t say he’s an exceptional player just yet. Definitely has the hands to be. Most of the others remember have been of solid stature.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve

kyle44

Jan 7, 2007
Can you name the names?

In the latest article from Sam Cosentino, he mentions "at least 3" players have applied. I'm going to assume Roobroeck is one.

I think Michael Misa and William Moore from the Mississauga Sens for sure. Other possible names could be Brady Martin, Owen Griffin or Roobroeck's teammate Ethan Weir.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Also of note, Ryan's older brother Dylan is a rookie winger for the Niagara IceDogs in the OHL. Dylan stands 6'7 so Ryan might still have a decent amount of growth left.

Reactions: Dominance

austin63867

Nov 13, 2018
I think Michael Misa and William Moore from the Mississauga Sens for sure. Other possible names could be Brady Martin, Owen Griffin or Roobroeck's teammate Ethan Weir.

Yes Misa is likely one of the three names. Not sure who the third name would be.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Kid looks big. How tall is he?

Also, given the late birthday, has their ever been an exceptional status for a player with a late birthday?

Assuming he gets it....he could play in the O for 22/23, 23/24, 24/25, 25/26 before getting drafted in the show. 4 years of OHL as an elite level player. :popcorn:

Last edited:

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

Also, given the late birthday, has their ever been an exceptional status for a player with a late birthday?

Assuming he gets it....he could play in the O for 22/23, 23/24, 24/25, 25/26 before getting drafted in the show. 4 years of OHL as an elite level player. :popcorn:

He's 6'0" according to Elite Prospects... his brother, three years older is 6'7" (Was 6'3" when drafted into OHL)... so he's not going to be small...

Last edited:

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

Tavares entered the OHL in 05’ and was drafted to the NHL after 4 seasons in 09’.

austin63867

Nov 13, 2018
He's 6'0" according to Elite Prospects... his brother, three years older is 6'7" (Was 6'3" when drafted into OHL)... so he's not going to be small...

And the great thing is that Roobroeck isn't just a guy who's bigger than everyone and dominates due to size. He's legitimately great on his own. His height isn't that noticable in his game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad