F Ryan Greene - Boston University, NCAA (2022, 57th, CHI)

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
I watched a few games of Greene last month at a showcase, surprised to see no thread but he is still pretty young. He's super talented, committed to BU just before the recruiting changes (which stop very young players from being recruited) in the spring.

Strong playmaking center, skates well, speed, good size for a young guy, great passer and possessor of the puck... didn't get to see too much of his shot. He's noticeable every shift in U16 and played his first games of junior hockey last weekend for Green Bay in the USHL before his 16th birthday. He had one assist and was +2, but I haven't checked those games out yet. Came to America this time last year and had 81 points in 15U after tearing up Newfoundland Bantam hockey.

Sens72

Football Enthusiast
Aug 31, 2018
Canada
He signed his intent to join letter yesterday for 2021-22 NCAA season. Has 2 points in 3 games so far to start off the year with Green Bay.

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
I feel this kid has a chance to be a first round pick in the 2022 draft as a late bday. Seen a couple exhibition games and two regular season games with Green Bay and I’ve liked him, very smart and reads the play well, and he’s got slippery and quick hands.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I feel this kid has a chance to be a first round pick in the 2022 draft as a late bday. Seen a couple exhibition games and two regular season games with Green Bay and I’ve liked him, very smart and reads the play well, and he’s got slippery and quick hands.

Completely agree. I’ve been very impressed. He’s a great distributor of the puck, and he has good puck poise, size and skating. He plays very in control, not a lot of frantic plays which even a lot of the best prospects at this level show a lot of.

Suzuki2017

Jun 26, 2013
Has anyone seen him play this year? He seems like the typical sens pick, I wouldn't mind habs picking him in the 2nd.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
51 points in 59 games this season. Will play for BU next season.

My notes on this guy from this season. Big fan of him. He may be the ultimate sleeper to watch for from this draft. I have a clear-cut first round grade on his game.

Greene: Really like this player. A center that skates well with a lot of skill. Really smooth player. Good playmaker. Controls the tempo of the game in-possession. Complete game. Don’t think he’ll become anywhere near as good, but reminds me a little of Jack Eichel. For me, the top 2022 USHL prospect that doesn’t play at the NTDP.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I can’t believe Canada cut this guy. 1PPG as a freshman and he had 2 goals in the last scrimmage.

Canada is biased against College Hockey players, and USA is biased against CHL players. I wish it wasn’t so. These federations should stop trying to protect their own, and pick the best players.

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
Obviously Celebrini came in and was THE guy but BU doesn't really have anyone else coming in of that magnitude, right? If Celebrini goes straight to the NHL I think you can expect a solid jump in production in a bigger role for Greene. Chicago fans should be excited.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad