F Ruslan Gazizov - London Knights, OHL (2022 undrafted)

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Probably a little lost in the hype for Michkov and Miroshnichenko but he has also looked very good at this years youth olympics. This year he is playing in the MHL.
EP Page: Ruslan Gazizov at eliteprospects.com

Yeah, he scored tonight, and overall is very good. I'm still waiting for Stalnye Lisy play their first game of the season. They have a bunch of great 16 year olds, and Danila Yurov is going to be special. People really underrated him on 2022 draft lists.

Reactions: BMann

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Yeah, we have so many great kids for 2022-23 drafts, I hope this COVID shit aren't going to last forever, and we'll see all these kids on the same team in international tournaments.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I was going to wait to make this thread, but it’s not surprising someone beat me to it. He’s been impressive for Russia and now starting to show it in junior hockey. Could be the highest Russian picked in 2022.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He isn't better, than Miroshnichenko and Yurov.

I said could.

Miroshnichenko's draft status will now completely be up in the air. He put himself in this position by crossing the pond before being drafted. There have been many very highly touted players who crossed the pond, and then had their draft stock drop a lot because they couldn't transition well.

Yurov is also good, but it's not a lock he goes before Gazizov.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I said could.

Miroshnichenko's draft status will now completely be up in the air. He put himself in this position by crossing the pond before being drafted. There have been many very highly touted players who crossed the pond, and then had their draft stock drop a lot because they couldn't transition well.

Yurov is also good, but it's not a lock he goes before Gazizov.

I think, he's better, than Gazizov right now, and he's just 2 months older.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
not necessarily

Depends on the player. Although some guys can handle it, the CHL is a graveyard for most because the transition is too much too soon.
For that same reason I wouldn't advise some 16-18 year old Canadian to uproot everything he knows and go develop in, say, Yaroslavl even though Loko has a great school.

Unless a player is at a dead-end in the Russian system, the risks of going to NA outweigh the rewards.

Last edited:

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
It's my understanding that Gazizov's visa documents are being finalized, and he will be joining the London Knights in the near future (late October???). Can anyone provide an update? Thanks

Reactions: LDN

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
He has come in and seamlessly fit in with whatever players he's put on a line with. There's a certain subtle creativeness to his game where he's always looking to manipulate the defense when he has the puck on his stick to open up passing lanes for his teammates--showing a level of hockey sense that probably on Evangelista has on the team. Also, he's built like a tank and isn't afraid to lay the body on people and go to the dirty areas.

I can see him climbing into the first round if these first 4 games are any indication of his play throughout the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad