F Roman Makarov - Amur Khabarovsk, KHL (2022 undrafted)

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
This kid is built like a tank (6'4" 230 lbs) and has pretty good numbers in the MHL so far.

I also see there was another D named Makarov who was exactly the same size drafted last year by Columbus? Also playing for CSKA Moscow's MHL team? Would seem pretty likely they are related, but EP does not have them listed as related.

Roman Makarov at eliteprospects.com

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Roman Makarov at eliteprospects.com

I love to look through different tournaments' statistics in search for interesting kids. This kid played good at that District Cup, where Michkov scored 35 points in 8 games, so I checked, where he's now. He plays in the MHL for Red Army, his statistics doesn't impress a lot with 6+8 after 24 games. But.

He plays on the 4th line on a really stacked team, his toi is just 10:22, so 14 points in 24 games all of a sudden doesn't look that bad.

The most interesting thing though, he's a real tank: 6'4, 231 lbs. And he skates like an express train. A very fast kid. His hands are pretty good, and shot isn't that bad as well.

Pretty sure, he won't be picked at the coming draft, but I think, he's going to be a force as early as next season with his size, skating and stickhandling.

Last edited:

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Sounds like a long term project but an interesting player to follow nonetheless with all those tools

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad