F Robert Orr - Lac St-Louis Lions, QMAAA (2021, 136th, CAR)

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
My name is Robert, but I was always called "Bobby" by hockey coaches...and I played hockey in the exact same town growing up... best players that came out of Beaconsfield that I know of were Richard Mulhern and Mark Hardy, way back when.

Craig Ludwig

Jun 16, 2005
Rooting for this kid just because of the name. :sarcasm:

Seriously, I watched him play last weekend and he's an interesting prospect. He's probably a 1st round pick in the next QMJHL Draft as of now.

Robert Orr at eliteprospects.com
The 2003/2004 Batch of Kids on the Lions are something special, there was something in the water in the West of Montreal those 2 years. They will dominate the top 10 of the QMJHL draft, if they so decide to go that route.

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
That 2018-2019 Lac St-Louis Lions roster looks dirty. Very curious how they will develop. It seems Choupani is going the College route.

I got my eyes on Orr, Duchesne and Choupani. Goaltender Levi looks also interesting, hopefully next season he will play for Blainville.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
That 2018-2019 Lac St-Louis Lions roster looks dirty. Very curious how they will develop. It seems Choupani is going the College route.

I got my eyes on Orr, Duchesne and Choupani. Goaltender Levi looks also interesting, hopefully next season he will play for Blainville.
Choupani is 110% going the NCAA route and has a full ride at north eastern. They have 0 interest in the Q.

Orr likely college hockey and Levi is going to Havard I believe.

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
Well he certainly made a good first impression on the home crowd last night. In the preseason games and season opener in CB he was a little tentative but not last night. He was strong on the puck all game driving the net around and through defenders. I like what I see in this kid. With all the talent from this years draft it’s going to be easy to forget about last year.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
A bump.

7 goals, 9 assists so far this season.
- another Halifax rookie with almost ppg season going on, nuts.
Not really surprised, he’s always been the most naturally talented of the bunch in his regional age group, consistency was always lacking. I think he can be the best of the LSL 03’s, I’m glad he’s putting it together because quite frankly he’s got everything. If they do have the 2021 draft next year he could go in the first round.

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
Not really surprised, he’s always been the most naturally talented of the bunch in his regional age group, consistency was always lacking. I think he can be the best of the LSL 03’s, I’m glad he’s putting it together because quite frankly he’s got everything. If they do have the 2021 draft next year he could go in the first round.
You’re correct he does everything well and has great speed. Processes the game well has good hands. He’s played some of his best when the scouts are in town. If times were different he’d be getting a ton of buzz. He can still push for the first round but wherever he’s chosen if he develops well he could be a top six NHLer. Will take some time though

Reactions: IHaveNoCreativity

Craig Ludwig

Jun 16, 2005
Malatesta was always the best of the LSL 03's, had a great rookie season last year in the Q, really not sure what is going on with him in Quebec this year, probably the inconsistent schedule?

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
Malatesta was always the best of the LSL 03's, had a great rookie season last year in the Q, really not sure what is going on with him in Quebec this year, probably the inconsistent schedule?
I wouldn’t say Malatesta was always the best, that was Tinling and it was clear, I would also argue that Cachero and Orr would give him runs at times, but none of them staked their claim enough to knock him off his perch until junior hockey. But Malatesta was certainly the most physically gifted, guy is a monster. I don’t think the schedule, and the strict restrictions we have in QC are helping everyone, I wouldn’t read into it too much but the toll they’re taking is just brutal. Some areas have been locked down for going on 5 months now and that does get to you. I think that’s hurting him a lot, if I recall correctly Quebec (his team) has had some cases, and they’re a bit deeper this year. Factor all that in and it think the production isn’t too concerning.

At the end of the day he’s probably one of the strongest players in the draft, he’s a tank. He skates like wind, has a nice nasty edge, and has a bomb for a shot, hes driven, with soft hands and has a competitive fire to him, he’s also got a knack but clutch goals in big games. His shot selection isn’t the greatest and his accuracy has never improved, the iq isn’t amazing and I’d argue he’s a little selfish but I do think he’s a potential first. It’s not unrealistic to think that him, Orr, Legault and Tinling all play in the NHL.

and for reference for a very longtime the top 2003 F in QC was Tinling or Roy with Roy not taking the title until midget and 3 months later L’Heureux took it only for Bolduc to take it, so shit does Change fast at this age.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
You’re correct he does everything well and has great speed. Processes the game well has good hands. He’s played some of his best when the scouts are in town. If times were different he’d be getting a ton of buzz. He can still push for the first round but wherever he’s chosen if he develops well he could be a top six NHLer. Will take some time though
I’m really really happy for him because he always had everything minus production and he would leave something to be desired every time I saw him.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
I wouldn’t say Malatesta was always the best, that was Tinling and it was clear, I would also argue that Cachero and Orr would give him runs at times, but none of them staked their claim enough to knock him off his perch until junior hockey. But Malatesta was certainly the most physically gifted, guy is a monster. I don’t think the schedule, and the strict restrictions we have in QC are helping everyone, I wouldn’t read into it too much but the toll they’re taking is just brutal. Some areas have been locked down for going on 5 months now and that does get to you. I think that’s hurting him a lot, if I recall correctly Quebec (his team) has had some cases, and they’re a bit deeper this year. Factor all that in and it think the production isn’t too concerning.

At the end of the day he’s probably one of the strongest players in the draft, he’s a tank. He skates like wind, has a nice nasty edge, and has a bomb for a shot, hes driven, with soft hands and has a competitive fire to him, he’s also got a knack but clutch goals in big games. His shot selection isn’t the greatest and his accuracy has never improved, the iq isn’t amazing and I’d argue he’s a little selfish but I do think he’s a potential first. It’s not unrealistic to think that him, Orr, Legault and Tinling all play in the NHL.

and for reference for a very longtime the top 2003 F in QC was Tinling or Roy with Roy not taking the title until midget and 3 months later L’Heureux took it only for Bolduc to take it, so shit does Change fast at this age.

These LSL prospects are just ridiculous. There's so many of them lol

Choupani, Orr, Tinling, Cachero, Malatesta, Legault, Swan, Bucheler, James, Vidicek, Vetrano, Pavan, Iasenza, Rozzi, Amanatidis, O'Neill, Gentile, and probably others I'm forgetting

And Zachary L'Heureux who was with the Grenadiers

Whatever is happening with Brandon Walker anyway? He was a beast in youth hockey

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
These LSL prospects are just ridiculous. There's so many of them lol

Choupani, Orr, Tinling, Cachero, Malatesta, Legault, Swan, Bucheler, James, Vidicek, Vetrano, Pavan, Iasenza, Rozzi, Amanatidis, O'Neill, Gentile, and probably others I'm forgetting

And Zachary L'Heureux who was with the Grenadiers

Whatever is happening with Brandon Walker anyway? He was a beast in youth hockey
To be fair Iasenza played Peewee elsewhere, it was insane, what a crazy crop.

you forgot Lastarza, Dumais and Hryckowian also Noah Warren was on their atom team.

no idea what happened to Walker

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
To be fair Iasenza played Peewee elsewhere, it was insane, what a crazy crop.

you forgot Lastarza, Dumais and Hryckowian also Noah Warren was on their atom team.

no idea what happened to Walker

I knew I was forgetting Lastarza for some reason :laugh:

And Dumais... good lord those teams were stacked

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad