F Raul Yakupov - Neftekhimik Nizhnekamsk, KHL (2022 undrafted)

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
6 foot 1 / 170 lbs
2022 draft eligible

19-20 : Reaktor Nizhnekamsk (combined)
31 goals, 22 assists, 53 points in 40 games
(u16 1.14 ppg, u17 3.00 ppg, u18 1.31 ppg)

20-21 : Reaktor Nizhnekamsk, MHL
4 goals, 1 assist, 5 points (0.37 ppg)
-12 with 10 penalty minutes

Eliteprospects does not say that he is the brother, or even a cousin of Nail Yakupov but...
both of these Yakupov's have played for the Reaktor Nizhnekamsk team, in the u16, u17
and in the MHL, coincidence? absolutely possible, could they be related? also possible.

Does anyone have absolute hard as rock evidence/proof that Nail doesn't have family members who play hockey?.
Also...does anyone have any info about this Yakupov? is he any good prospect?

Last edited:

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020
I wouldn't be surprised if they are related given his dad's name is Rail and was the CEO/GM of HC Neftekhimik Nizhnekamsk.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Noooo he also skates like he has bees after him. *PTSD flashbacks*

I mean, I think that's pretty funny because it describes Nail pretty well, but I'm not sure why you would say this about these clips. Yes he does skate a bit like Nail in his style but he doesnt have his head down and he is skating with purpose. He is carrying the puck well and definitely made nice moves on the defenders. Not sure what's the problem here, he actually look very decent. Depending, of course on the skills of his opponents, which I am not sure about

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Does he always celebrate by himself? How common is that in Russia? It is seen as a bad sign in Canada when players do that.
Aaah, the good old "good Canadian boy" culture. In Russia, nobody really cares. A kid just scored a goal - he can celebrate any way he wants, why would anyone feel the need to suppress that?

Although it isn't very common as a celebration is kind of a personal thing not many people feel the need to go all out for it.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Fail for Nail to Drool for Raul.

(guessing at the pronunciation of Raul)
It will be way easier for you as this is just a spanish name. Tatars like all people don't live in a bubble and sometimes just give kids names they like instead of traditional ones.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
It will be way easier for you as this is just a spanish name. Tatars like all people don't live in a bubble and sometimes just give kids names they like instead of traditional ones.

L is soft in both Tatar and Spanish, while it's hard in English, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad