F Porter Martone - Mississauga Steelheads, OHL (2025 Draft)

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017

Had an impressive showing at the OHL cup and is one of the projected top selections in the upcoming OHL draft. We’ll see how it plays out!

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Only 4 points in 12 games to start the season, but this guy looked very good for Canada Red. He's playing on the first line with Catton and Misa, and he wasn't leaching off them.

Big winger with a lot of skill, skating isn't bad, good passer, good hockey sense. Maybe needs to play a little more physical and develop some of those power forward elements, but he looks like a very good player. Likely first round pick for 2025, if he continues to progress well.

Reactions: Dominance

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
haven’t seen this anywhere online but I was watching the VOD of the Germany-Canada game and Porter Martone almost scores a jaw dropping goal here. What an insane individual effort, and it really showcases just how talented he is.

I think it’s really important to showcase moments like these even if there isn’t a result on the score sheet. It shows what they’re cabable of and with a little bit of luck this would be circulating as the goal of the tournament.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
haven’t seen this anywhere online but I was watching the VOD of the Germany-Canada game and Porter Martone almost scores a jaw dropping goal here. What an insane individual effort, and it really showcases just how talented he is.

I think it’s really important to showcase moments like these even if there isn’t a result on the score sheet. It shows what they’re cabable of and with a little bit of luck this would be circulating as the goal of the tournament.

And this play came seconds after being rocked. He looks like a legit prospect.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I looked at him because I thought he might have been a mid round pick for this year's NHL draft.

Now I'm really excited since if you're already looking worthy of being drafted in your D-2 at the U18s? Bright, bright future.

Reactions: BerthMania

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
He's still quite a bit behind Misa at this point but I like him a lot better than Hagens for the 2025 draft.
Martone is extremely promising but I could only see this argument as viable if his skating took a massive step forward. Not that it’s bad by any means, but that he would need truly elite skating on top of all his other assets in order to be comparable to Hagens.

Reactions: 95snipes

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Martone breakout party!

I have this mental image of you (okay, your avatar), sitting in an empty ballroom with balloons and confetti on the floor, an untouched champagne fountain behind you and suddenly the doors swing open for people to come flooding in after that U18 performance. :biglaugh: It's very much a party - was very impressed by him all tournament.

• Haha
Reactions: Lavar Ball

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad