F Pavel Novák - Iowa Wild, AHL (2020, 146th, MIN)

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Played in 5 pre-season for Ceske Budejovice (plays in the 2nd best Czech league, Chance Liga), finished with 1+2. He was listed on the 2nd line in all of them and got some PP time as well.

Babula

May 31, 2012
Best upside of Czech 2020 prospects outside Mysak? (Pytlik, Raska, etc)?

i believe Mysak, Pytlik and Pavel Novak ahead of (Adam Raska, Tomas Chlubna, Michal Gut etc.)

this goalie deserves his own thread after his showing at U-17 tourney in Piestany. he was gold especially against U.S.A. team...

Jan Bednar at eliteprospects.com

Last edited:

Martin Hubner

Sep 6, 2018
Krnov
He appears in his first game in a "mens" league. Czech top-2 division for Č.B. with no point. I just can not find his TOI.
i believe Mysak, Pytlik and Pavel Novak ahead of (Adam Raska, Tomas Chlubna, Michal Gut etc.)

this goalie deserves his own thread after his showing at U-17 tourney in Piestany. he was gold especially against U.S.A. team...

Jan Bednar at eliteprospects.com
In my opinion, Pytlik will not be ahead of Raska after this season.

Babula

May 31, 2012
forgot about D-man Simon Kubicek will play for Seattle Thunderbirds this season, he is also 2020 eligible and he looks promising.

Babula

May 31, 2012
In my opinion, Pytlik will not be ahead of Raska after this season.

haha, they are the same date, not the same size. that is the only difference i know. I dont really know a much about them. Especially Raska is a little bit hide for me...

Last edited:

Babula

May 31, 2012
What do you think about czechs prospects for 2019 draft? (Teply, Barinka, Prikryl etc.)

or D- Martin Hugo Has (Tappara Tampere) and Matej Toman or Martin Lang, Adam Najman, Jonas Peterek etc. any CHL or Tappara or Dukla,Pilsen,Ocelari etc. fan, please... welcome.

Babula

May 31, 2012
P.Novak is in the line up (third line) for his second game in mens league right now.

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague
Match against Kadaň

TOI 13:13 - 0+1, 1 +/-, 2 shots

First point in Chance League.
Watched the 1st period and I thought he played well. Fast skater, kept the plays alive and whenever in the offensive zone he was trying to make himself open for a shot. A bit undersized, but hopefully he's not done growing.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Start paying attention to this kid. He's going to be one of the biggest climbers in this draft. This kid has tremendous drive, a playmakers mentality, an above average shot, and has some solid wheels. What I like most about him is his two-way game. Central scouting gave him a C rating recently which he's going to way out perform. This kid is a fighter. He deserved a thread.

092819_ESKR_317-1024x683.jpg

Outside of the handful of big names in the WHL like Zary and Sourdiff among other notables, this is a really interesting prospect and someone I think will start gaining a lot of fans in the coming months.

Rexor

Oct 24, 2006
Brno
It looks terrible and I hope that Sopotyk gets well as quick as possible. However, it certainly wasn't intentional by Novák and I'm hesitant to put too much blame on him. The check was looking relatively light and harmless, while Sopotyk didn't seem to be aware of his surroundings and wasn't as strong on his skates as he should have been. A typical instance of consequences being much worse than the play itself.

Reactions: Wooren

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague
It looks terrible and I hope that Sopotyk gets well as quick as possible. However, it certainly wasn't intentional by Novák and I'm hesitant to put too much blame on him. The check was looking relatively light and harmless, while Sopotyk didn't seem to be aware of his surroundings and wasn't as strong on his skates as he should have been. A typical instance of consequences being much worse than the play itself.
Exactly, Sopotyk is a bit stronger on the skates and this muffin of a check does nothing to him. Those people (responses to the original tweet) suggesting it's a clear 10+ game suspension are absolutely insane. I am not a fan of suspending based on consequences when the play is seemingly so harmless and unintentional, but this being a junior league full of young players, I can understand some kind punishment had to be done.

Reactions: Rexor

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012
Looked somewhat dirty to me, suspension seem a bit much though.

Huh? So you think it was "looked somewhat dirty", yet you don't think it was suspension worthy? Yikes. It was even uglier in person. Very weird take on a very dangerous hit. Do I think he did it on purpose? No. Novak already texted Sopotyk to apologize to say he was very sorry. Regardless of whatever weird thoughts you have on the hit, it looked very bad and the league would of been so wrong to not give out anything.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Ugly play. Unfortunate that one of the first "hits" he throws this season leads to this. Tough outcome for Sopotyk and I'm not surprised Novak will be sitting for the foreseeable future.

That said, I do doubt that this was his intention, he's really not a physical player by any stretch and he's barely taken any penalties this year. Feels like the combination of Sopotyk killing his speed + Novak making contact with the lower back led to a far worse outcome than was intended. Glad Sopotyk didn't come out of this with anything worse than a broken (collarbone?) though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad