F Patriks Zabusovs - HC Riga, MHL (2019 Draft)

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Looks like an interesting prospect. Tbh I dunno much about him, other than the general available info but on the available YouTube videos from this year, the dude is flying out there and has some very nice handles.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
He's probably got the best hands since our leading '97 prospects (Balcers, Dzierkals), but his frame is so underwhelming, I wouldn't consider him a realistic NHL prospect unless he has a late growth spurt or something. He needs to add 15-20 lbs.

But it's too early to tell, obviously.

I consider Raivis Kristians Ansons a more promising prospect. He's already scoring at nearly a PPG pace in the Latvian domestic league against grown men at the age of 16.

Mr Sniper

Nov 29, 2016
Sweden
Zabusovs was not on the line-up for Team U20 game against Austria yesterday, but a couple of other guys from the MHL team was there, and speaking for me I think Patriks has been by far the player in the team, not only by scoring most, but also the way he plays with speed and creates scoring chances, and he has good hands.

Any thoughts on why he isn´t on the team?

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
Zabusovs was not on the line-up for Team U20 game against Austria yesterday, but a couple of other guys from the MHL team was there, and speaking for me I think Patriks has been by far the player in the team, not only by scoring most, but also the way he plays with speed and creates scoring chances, and he has good hands.

Any thoughts on why he isn´t on the team?
I disagree with the player assessment...

Nevertheless. I would assume Zabusovs, Svanenbergs, and Harijs are with the U18.

Mr Sniper

Nov 29, 2016
Sweden
I disagree with the player assessment...

Nevertheless. I would assume Zabusovs, Svanenbergs, and Harijs are with the U18.
Okey, you disagree with my opinion that Zabusovs has been playing with good speed, has good hands and been able to create a lot of scoring opps?

Well I also like Polcs, I think he is a good classic two way center, but he needs to get better skating, but I think he is well deserved to have a spot on the team.

But I still consider Zabusovs to be the one who has impressing most on the team.
I think that he deserved at least a chance to play in the top two lines and play offensive minutes, just so they can test him, I think he has played good enough to earn a chance.

But hi didn´t play with u18 either, so maybe his injured

Last edited:

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
Okey, you disagree with my opinion that Zabusovs has been playing with good speed, has good hands and been able to create a lot of scoring opps?
I disagree that he is the best player on the team because I think Fjodorovs is better.

As for creating scoring opportunities, I haven't seen speed as his weakness but not quite his calling card either, but I've only watched 3 or 4 games of theirs. He has very good hands as Namejs says. I think when the time comes, the three of them will definitely be on the squad.

Reactions: Mr Sniper

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->