F-P Guennette and M-A Bernier, some help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Askel

By the way Benning should be fired.
Apr 19, 2004
Malmö/Vancouver
Can anyone who follows the QMJHL reguarly (or even sporadicly) give me a profile for these 2 canuck prospects.
I dont get to see any Q games myself so I have to go by stats alone and that never shows the whole picture.
Thanks in advance.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
F-P Guenette -- Kind of plays a daniel Alfredsson type game. Smallish but not too small, quick and a nice shot. FP is a good all-around offensive player. He is mostly a long shot to play in the NHL but he could defienatly play in the AHL. Depends how he develops over time.

M-A Bernier -- More of an NHL type prospect. Big and lanky, NHL shot. Needs to impeove his skating and foot speed. Also for his size he doesnt use it to his advantage. All of those things can be taught as his puck skills and shooting are top notch.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Bernier- Didn't have a great year. He is big, but lanky. Powerful but timid. The hands and shot are there, but he really doesn't maximize his assets very well. This year, he struggled to stay healthy too, which is never good for a young player. His skating is a flaw, but not a huge problem. He's not Eric Daze, but plays that style of game, and I could see him scoring goals at the NHL level, but he's a project.

Guenette- A bit of a hybrid type of player. I watch him and say there is nothing notable about him. He does a lot of things quite well and has some flaws but none of them major. Not big, but not tiny either. His shot is pretty good, and he has smooth hands, but he's also not the most fluid player. Could be one of those players who never really is a notable prospect but eventually just puts up some numbers in the NHL like Jason King earlier this year.

Askel

By the way Benning should be fired.
Apr 19, 2004
Malmö/Vancouver
Thanks guys!
The Canucks seems to have decent Qmjhl scouts after all picking King,Reid,Guenette and Bernier and only one of these guys in the first 3 rounds of the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->