F Ondrej Kos - Ilves U20, U20 SM-sarja (2024 Draft)

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Looking for more info on this player. Believe he is the younger brother of prospect Jakub Kos, who was drafted by the Panthers. Czech kid playing in Finland for Ilvas at the U20 level. Has done really well for the Czech team internationally so far for his age group. Has 14 PIM in 2 games at the U20 level, so might like to get chippy. :laugh:

Reactions: czech

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Just saw this tweet he is actually playing on a line with his brother... pretty cool.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Just saw this tweet he is actually playing on a line with his brother... pretty cool.

The Svozil brothers and Kos brothers are encouraging... as well as the Sapo siblings!

My understanding is that the brother to watch is Galvas... sounds like his younger brother is on a nice trajectory!

95snipes

Dec 11, 2019
Really liked his tournament. He has middle six upside written all over him IMO. He's 6’1 and a good skater. He competes / plays a good two way game. He makes plays with the puck. Only negative thing I can say was the turnover on the golden goal. That was unfortunate.

Reactions: czech and pgfan66

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Really liked his tournament. He has middle six upside written all over him IMO. He's 6’1 and a good skater. He competes / plays a good two way game. He makes plays with the puck. Only negative thing I can say was the turnover on the golden goal. That was unfortunate.
On one hand, I admire that he went for it and took a risk.

On the other hand, he'd already lost if a few times in OT and took a very silly hand on puck penalty after being knocked over.

I think he was overwhelmed in the situation, rightfully, as a teenager on his biggest stage so far. Hopefully he learns from it and it doesn't hurt his confidence. Agree, middle 6 potential. Somewhere in that Rousek, Lauko, Blumel type range.

czech

Feb 23, 2009
Yesterday he scored his first point for the Ilves senior team (in a Champions League match).

Reactions: Czechboy

Itkonen

May 11, 2016
Yesterday he scored his first point for the Ilves senior team (in a Champions League match).
That was actually his brother Jakub. But it was his first game with the pro club but to be fair that was because Ilves left 7(!) of their regular forwards at home to rest.

Reactions: czech

czech

Feb 23, 2009
That was actually his brother Jakub. But it was his first game with the pro club but to be fair that was because Ilves left 7(!) of their regular forwards at home to rest.
Thanks for the correction. When I saw the name Kos in the protocol, I didn’t think that there was another Kos in the senior team.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

czech

Feb 23, 2009
Summoned to camp before the World Championships. It's hard to say what form he's in now since he hasn't played since November last year, but if he confirms his form in the camp, he'll probably make it into the final roster.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Summoned to camp before the World Championships. It's hard to say what form he's in now since he hasn't played since November last year, but if he confirms his form in the camp, he'll probably make it into the final roster.
i see he's playing at U18s. any idea why he was out for 3 months? someone mentioned maybe an illness.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad