F Nikita Grebyonkin (2022, 135th, TOR)

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
You watch him and wonder how he fell so far in the draft. Usually guys picked that late with offensive skills have size or skating concerns but he looks good in both areas.

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017
You watch him and wonder how he fell so far in the draft. Usually guys picked that late with offensive skills have size or skating concerns but he looks good in both areas.

His skating doesn't look very good. He's fast but its extremely choppy and looks super awkward. Probably be a bigger issue on small ice with less straight line space availab.e.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
His skating doesn't look very good. He's fast but its extremely choppy and looks super awkward. Probably be a bigger issue on small ice with less straight line space availab.e.

Yeah, they mostly play on small ice in the KHL now, very few teams left, if any, that play on big ice.

And this dude didn't notice any big skating problems.

Last edited:

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
how would you rank him compared to Yurov and other Russian prospects? NHL Top 6 upside? Cheers
He is very good, but something stops me from putting him in the Yurov's tier, likely the overall skillset (which isn't really a knock on Grebyonkin, as he is good in that way too, just not exactly there). So I think of him more of a potential high-octane high-skill middle-six winger.

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
Quite the fight by this guy last night I believe. Had some heavy throws against a guy with his helmet still on. KHL action.

thrillhous

Jan 5, 2006
He’s having a very solid year with Metallurg. Has a good speed/size/skill combo.

thrillhous

Jan 5, 2006
Still he had as many points in 4 fewer games last season. Of course moving from one team to another can be tricky...
Yes but he’s playing on a much better team that is playing meaningful games (fighting for 1st in the conference) and has a balanced attack of 3+ lines. He has had to earn his ice time. It’s been a good transition, as you say it can be tricky.

Reactions: Phion Keneuf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad