F Morgan Barron (2017, 174th, NYR; traded to WPG)

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
I think he's worthy of a draft pick. Big guy who can skate, lug the puck, goes to the net with ease, has a solid shot and finish.

However, the last guy to get picked out of SAC was Warren Foegele, and he went in the 3rd in 2014. And he was more dominant than Barron at this level. So it'd probably make sense to peg him in the 5th~6th.

It's an obscure league but I am sure scouts have been out to see him play as SAC keeps a tight schedule. At least a half dozen games against Shattuck and Culver, tournaments in MA and the like, as well as another draftable player in Andonovski, and huge talent in Newhook

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Doing good in the NCAA, 2+4 in 6 games. Has nice size as well and is looking like a nice pickup

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Doing good in the NCAA, 2+4 in 6 games. Has nice size as well and is looking like a nice pickup
As a freshman Barron has been dominant and has 11 points in 13 games. Potential steal on the Rangers hands? 2017 draft looking great for the Rangers

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Ends his freshman season with 18 points in 33 games.
He was really good today against BU, he did good adapting to the NCAA after playing his draft year in a not so good league. I’ve said this earlier and before but he’s got a lot of upside with his size+speed+offensive combo. His defense is looking good as well

Lays

Jan 22, 2017

Having a great season, this dude was a complete unknown when he was drafted but has developed really well

Here’s some video from this weekend

New York Rangers on Twitter
Here’s a few highlights from last season

He’s a big C who I still think plays a bit like a less flashy Rick Nash, someone to keep an eye out for

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He's making a name for himself. Whether he ends at 1PPG, just below, just above, a second year player putting up those numbers along with those shot rates bodes well to reach the NHL.

When we drafted him, he was known as the older brother of that elite prospect playing in Halifax. His brother is still that elite prospect playing in Halifax, but he might also get to the NHL, as well.

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017

Having a great season, this dude was a complete unknown when he was drafted but has developed really well

Here’s some video from this weekend

New York Rangers on Twitter
Here’s a few highlights from last season

He’s a big C who I still think plays a bit like a less flashy Rick Nash, someone to keep an eye out for

I like him, but still projects as a bottom 6 F.

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
What makes you say that? I don’t see high end potential but I can see him becoming a solid middle 6er. He’s still raw and has really good tools
Draft +2, man’s frame, 1ppg

Got to watch him against ASU last weekend and he didn’t show me anything to suggest that he’s much better than Jimmy Vesey. Production isn’t a solid fit between the two, but neither does role that year.

Not nearly as much of an up and down player as Vesey, but even his short side high goal was more on Daccord.

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
Draft +2, man’s frame, 1ppg

Got to watch him against ASU last weekend and he didn’t show me anything to suggest that he’s much better than Jimmy Vesey. Production isn’t a solid fit between the two, but neither does role that year.

Not nearly as much of an up and down player as Vesey, but even his short side high goal was more on Daccord.

Jimmy Vesey in the 6th round is pretty damn good.

Reactions: William Moneylander

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
He has 19 points in 17 games.

At the same age, Kreider had 45 points in 44 games, Hayes had 25 points in 27 games, Vesey had 22 in 31 points, Nieves had 28 points in 35 games.

He's pacing better at the same age than all these NHL forwards on the Rangers roster who played in college hockey. Thats not to say he'll be better than them, but it shows how well he's playing that NHL forwards were not averaging the points he was.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
21 points in 19 games now.

I don't think he'll be signed by the team after this season, but it makes sense to sign him after his next season, if he has another good season.

We don't want a situation where he can run down his draft-rights, and make himself a free agent after his senior season. He's likely only going to sign with the Rangers after his senior season, if we offer him a better outlook for his NHL chances than other teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad