F Milos Roman - Vancouver Giants, WHL (2018, 122th, CGY)

hockey2015

Jun 30, 2014
Milos Roman
Height : 183 cm / 6'0"
Weight : 85 kg / 187 lbs
Birthyear : 1999-11-06
Nationality : Slovakia
Place of Birth : Kysucke Nove Mesto, SVK
Club : Vancouver Giants (WHL)
Draft : 2018 round 4 #122 overall by Calgary Flames
27847.jpg

Last edited:

peto10

Sep 29, 2011
Slovakia
What position is he playing and any update on his size?

He played on the left wing with 9 min ice time. He had two shots and drew a penalty, he wasn't outmuscled in battles. He is still a little bit under 6 feet (182 cm).
He played 6 games in czech second tier league (5 as a LW, 1 as a C) and scored one goal.
Hopefully, we will get a closer look on him at WJC.

Redline

Feb 26, 2003
boardroom
Visit site
He played on the left wing with 9 min ice time. He had two shots and drew a penalty, he wasn't outmuscled in battles. He is still a little bit under 6 feet (182 cm).
He played 6 games in czech second tier league (5 as a LW, 1 as a C) and scored one goal.
Hopefully, we will get a closer look on him at WJC.

Thanks for the reply. He will definitely be someone I'll follow leading up to the WJC.

peto10

Sep 29, 2011
Slovakia
I'm very impressed by him at this WJC. He reminds me of Sam Reinhart. Not such a great playmaker as Sam yet, but he still have a lot of time until 2018 draft.

jnk96

Feb 25, 2013
At the rink.
Absolutely loved Roman at the U18s. He really stood out among 2017 draft prospects despite being a year younger and looked like a potential top-15 pick at times. Wouldn't hurt to grow another inch or two, but man is he talented. An excellent skater with outstanding hockey sense and a ton of skill.

JA

The Vancouver Giants have selected center Miloš Roman with the sixth-overall selection in the 2017 CHL Import Draft. Roman was ranked eleventh-overall on The Draft Analyst's preliminary ranking of 2018 NHL draft-eligible players. SBNation ranks him as an A-rank player. He is currently 6'0'', 194 lbs and was born on November 6, 1999.

2467436_1000x.jpeg

The photo above was taken from Slovakia's 2017 U18 camp. Below is the team photo:

2474832_1200x.jpeg

Andrei Svechnikov was selected by the Barrie Colts with the first-overall selection. Alexander Khovanov was selected second-overall by Moncton.

Filip Zadina was selected eleventh-overall by Halifax.

The full list of selections: http://chl.ca/draft/2017

The Draft Analyst's 2018 preliminary rankings: http://www.thedraftanalyst.com/2018-nhl-draft-top-62-rankings-and-watch-list/

SBNation's 2018 Draft "Players To Watch" June 2017 list: https://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2017/6/26/15424034/2018-nhl-draft-first-look-players-to-watch
I'm very impressed by him at this WJC. He reminds me of Sam Reinhart. Not such a great playmaker as Sam yet, but he still have a lot of time until 2018 draft.
Absolutely loved Roman at the U18s. He really stood out among 2017 draft prospects despite being a year younger and looked like a potential top-15 pick at times. Wouldn't hurt to grow another inch or two, but man is he talented. An excellent skater with outstanding hockey sense and a ton of skill.

Last edited by a moderator:

JA

As of my initial viewings of him, I see good speed, agility and vision. He sees the ice well and is a pass-first player; he also uses his body well to protect the puck when he is maneuvering along the ice with it. His first two steps are quick.

Defensively, he knows where to be to break up the opposition's passes and anticipates well to intercept pucks.

If there is one weakness at this point in time, it is that I don't see as much finesse in his game as I would like to. His one-on-one skills aren't great; I would compare that aspect of his game to Cody Glass, who has a tendency to pass the puck when faced with an obstacle rather than try to beat the opponent one-on-one; if he has the angle on the opponent, he might try to drive past them.

He looks like he is closer to 5'11'' than 6'0'' based on the two different listings of his height, and he plays with a fair bit of strength.

JA

The reason why Roman did not play in the 2016 U20 quarterfinals against Team Sweden is because he was injured by a blindside hit from Pavel Karnaukhov in the second period of the game against Team Russia on December 31, 2016. The puck was along the boards in the neutral zone and Roman, coming out of the offensive zone, was cruising through center ice with his head turned. Karnaukhov, moving through the center ice faceoff circle as well, committed interference and laid a huge check on Roman, knocking him backward. Karnaukhov did not receive a penalty on the play.

Roman was slow to get up and needed assistance from his teammates to reach the bench. It looked like a concussion.

He never played another shift in that tournament.

Eurohockey's game log indicates that he did not return to game action until January 30, 2017.

http://www.eurohockey.com/player/542651-milos-roman.html

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Great player and he made the right decision. I fully expect him to be a 1st/2nd rounder by the end of next season.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Seems like a very good candidate to be a riser for this draft. Should have a big role for Slovakia at the WJC.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
He’s doing alright, nothing special. Still stand by him rising near the first by the end of this year.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I wonder if the lack of quality center options at the top of the draft will bump his stock up?

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Went to the flames in the 4th round. Wonder if injuries damaged his draft stock, as I was surprised we got him so late. What's this player's floor and ceiling, especially since he was projected as a late 2nd.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Went to the flames in the 4th round. Wonder if injuries damaged his draft stock, as I was surprised we got him so late. What's this player's floor and ceiling, especially since he was projected as a late 2nd.
Hes good. Hard to determine floor and ceiling but theres serious top 9 potential in this player. Love the way he plays, hes also really smart and did really good this season with Vancouver. Flames got a steal there.

Reactions: Pip

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Double edge sword. Defense and Offense.

Injuries maybe affected his draft position. This season, if he stays healthy, he will be the corner stone of Giants. Not New York Giants. Vancouver Giants.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad