F Michal Svrcek, Brynäs IF J18, J18 Region (2025 draft)

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
Michal Svrcek
Height: 173 cm / 5'8"
Weight: 65 kg / 143 lbs
Nation: Slovakia

Michal Svrcek at eliteprospects.com

07 Slovak class look promising. Another top Slovak prospect for draft 2025. He recently made his U16 national team debut and scored 1 goal and 1 assist in 5 games and was one of the best players on the ice as an underager. I really liked, what i saw from him. He is a center but he played the wing in the national team and it is quite possible that this will be similar to Filip Mesar due to his physical parameters. As far as the comparison is concerned, it is interesting to compare him with Filip Mesar.

Filip Mesar at 13 y.o
2017-2018​
41​
26​
23​
6​

Michal Svrcek at 13 y.o (small number of matches because COVID)
2020-2021​
3​
4​
2​
0​

Filip Mesar at 14 y.o
2018-2019​
4​
4​
4​
0​
47​
23​
24​
10​
1​
0​
0​
0​

Michal Svrcek at 14 y.o
2021-2022​
3​
4​
7​
0​
31​
24​
8​
8​
13​
2​
2​
0​

He passed the eye-test, the kid has a lot of talent and he is maybe talented than Mesar, great hands, good skating, elements of two-way game ane also he has better statistics than Mesar at same age and Zilina is really worse club, so no, his teammates don't pull him.

Last edited:

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Is this a common surname?

There's another promising athlete (cycling) also quite young with same surname. Just wondering

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
Is this a common surname?

There's another promising athlete (cycling) also quite young with same surname. Just wondering
It is not super common, but also not uncommon. I know a doctor with the same surname and also know of a leader of a wannabe-paramilitary group. Anyway, this kid is looking good, will keep an eye.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
You can translate his name as "cricket".

1650527743733.png

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
I think he had a pretty good season in Sweden. Usually Slovaks have problems adapting to their first season abroad, but Svrcek did great, even though he had a slower start to the season. I'm a bit worried about his size, he probably won't grow much. His older brother is also short, so Michal won't grow much. I think. his maximum will be around 175 cm. His parents are not tall either, hopefully he won't turn into Samuel Sisik 2. Any of the Swedish contributors here on the forum, how is Brynäs, does Svrcek have a chance to play in the Junior league next season?

Sliptip

Sep 8, 2022
I think he had a pretty good season in Sweden. Usually Slovaks have problems adapting to their first season abroad, but Svrcek did great, even though he had a slower start to the season. I'm a bit worried about his size, he probably won't grow much. His older brother is also short, so Michal won't grow much. I think. his maximum will be around 175 cm. His parents are not tall either, hopefully he won't turn into Samuel Sisik 2. Any of the Swedish contributors here on the forum, how is Brynäs, does Svrcek have a chance to play in the Junior league next season?
He did well, but I have hard time seeing him becoming a full time J20 player if that is what you're asking. Both in the context of assuming Brynäs retains their juniors, the only 05/04 I personally think should get a senior role next year is Noel Nordh(not counting Lindstein), and they have several 05ers moving up and no 04ers that are good enough to play pro in my opinion, but its likely not going to be a lot of room. What speaks for him getting reps is that the 06ers at forward are not great, and the only players on his team he is competing with in terms of forwards is Hedin(06), Hillström(07) and maybe Sundqvist(07). But looking at it far from season start, I think its just better to focus on playing him with either center(in my opinion) and let him wreck house in j18 and go from there. If everything goes right he has a lot of potential, but there is a lot of everything in his case in my opinon.

And thats not a diss at all, but I also don't think it makes sense to focus on running players up before they are ready. Just look at someone like Kalle Carlsson, who got the j20 games as a 16 year old and even due to PP and other factors got almost 1 point per game. But there is no way watching him last year or this year and go "Hell yeah, this guy is easily a top 5 in the country and on par with players like Stenberg or Dvorsky(no matter where you rate those guys) and many others. Point being, let him absolute jack the j18 next year, and if you think he is so good he could not develop more as a j18 and he is a surefire lock for j20, play him then. But lets not focus on rushing a talented kid, especially one who is smaller than my sister.

Really cheering for him though, and happy a lagging program like Brynäs got a great kid from outside the country. Their 07 crop is stroooong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad