F Michael Stenberg - Providence College, NCAA (23-24) (2023 Draft)

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Michael Stenberg from Needham, MA

Position: Forward
Height: 6 feet tall
Weight: 178 lbs
Shoots: Right

DOB: 09/22/2004
Draft Eligible: 2023

2019-2020 team: Thayer Academy, USHS-Prep
- was 1.55 ppg this season in the USHS-Prep (18 goals, 23 assists, 41 points)
- 13 goals, 21 points in 24 games for Cape Cod Whalers U16, Midget

About an year ago he committed to the Penn State University

Anyone seen him play this season, he any good? - had a great season -

Luc Poitras

Feb 21, 2019
Michael Stenberg from Needham, MA

Position: Forward
Height: 6 feet tall
Weight: 178 lbs
Shoots: Right

DOB: 09/22/2004
Draft Eligible: 2023

2019-2020 team: Thayer Academy, USHS-Prep
- was 1.55 ppg this season in the USHS-Prep (18 goals, 23 assists, 41 points)
- 13 goals, 21 points in 24 games for Cape Cod Whalers U16, Midget

About an year ago he committed to the Penn State University

Anyone seen him play this season, he any good? - had a great season -

Yes he is very good. Big power forward who has a nose for the net. 200ft guy - great defense too. I'd put him right above VanSickle if you know the Detroit boys - same type players. Great athlete and great kid as well. I believe he is just as good at lacrosse.

NTDP chose the right skaters from Prep for the camp. Cerbone another forward that was excellent this year. Same points per game than Stenberg with a much less quality team. (BTW both had more points than Fantilli who played with 2 of the best over-agers in prep this season.)

Defenseman Leddy and Dorrington are fantastic too. I'd put Leddy over Dorrington as he's a much more complete 200ft defenseman with an incredible head for the game who can dominate physically which I think is a HUGE need for the NTDP team. But I'd love to see both on the team as they bring size, strength and proven ability to play against much older competition - they both have tremendous upside.

Reactions: Artorius Horus T

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
One of my favorite players going through watching USHL teams this season.

@GeorgeLeafer12, can you update the thread title to Providence College commit? I think he switched his commitment within the last year. I know there's also a Providence fan that posts in these threads and likes to update the pages for the Providence commits.

My notes from what I saw of Stenberg this season.

Michael Stenberg: Talented center. Skates well, good puck skills, can play center. Don’t understand his usage. One game he starts out as the first line center playing all situations and is benched after a few shifts for the rest of the game. Another game he’s playing on the fourth line at winger with no PP or PK time. Strange usage. Has talent. I would like to see a bigger sample. Wasn’t entirely sure about his hockey sense. 2023 pick. Probably a top two rounds player for next year.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
One of my favorite players going through watching USHL teams this season.

@GeorgeLeafer12, can you update the thread title to Providence College commit? I think he switched his commitment within the last year. I know there's also a Providence fan that posts in these threads and likes to update the pages for the Providence commits.

My notes from what I saw of Stenberg this season.

Changed

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad