F Michael Misa - Saginaw Spirit, OHL (2025 Draft)

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
Is he more dominating than Hughes was in midget?

Oh wow. Just saw the footage of him. He can absolutely fly.
Did Hughes dominate his first year of Minor midget? I never saw him play that year or his stats I just know he was denied exceptional status.

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
Did Hughes dominate his first year of Minor midget? I never saw him play that year or his stats I just know he was denied exceptional status.
Yea, here's a pretty good article on it. Sounds like it was more about the OHL being scared off by Sean Day not living up to the hype and his size, 5'7" 135lbs at the time

grentthealien

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Honestly just heard about him in this article, anyone actually watch him play?

“Misa, is one of three players that applied for exceptional status to gain early entry into the OHL.Teammate William Moore, and London’s Ryan Roorbroeck are the others. Expect an official announcement before April 29th, the date of the 2022 OHL Priority selection. “
What are his chances of getting ES? Also any one know much about the other kids who have applied for it?

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
Honestly just heard about him in this article, anyone actually watch him play?

“Misa, is one of three players that applied for exceptional status to gain early entry into the OHL.Teammate William Moore, and London’s Ryan Roorbroeck are the others. Expect an official announcement before April 29th, the date of the 2022 OHL Priority selection. “
What are his chances of getting ES? Also any one know much about the other kids who have applied for it?
I'd say him and Roobroeck have good cases to be give ES(dominance & size respectively). I don't know enough about William Moore to say for him.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Roobroeck would be interesting as he'd be the first late birthday to get it since Tavares. That means whoever drafts his will have him for 4 seasons.
Yeah, Roobroeck seems slightly less likely than Misa to get it, given the late birthday. The kid is nearly a double under ager and would almost be a double Exceptional Status-er. The one thing, beyond being extremely talented that Roobroeck has going is his size. The kid is a beast and will likely end up around 6"5 when all is said and done. Think Lindros style player.

Reactions: grentthealien

grentthealien

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Yeah, Roobroeck seems slightly less likely than Misa to get it, given the late birthday. The kid is nearly a double under ager and would almost be a double Exceptional Status-er. The one thing, beyond being extremely talented that Roobroeck has going is his size. The kid is a beast and will likely end up around 6"5 when all is said and done. Think Lindros style player.
I believe his older brother Dylan playing in the OHL is 6 foot 7 right?

Reactions: waitin425

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
His brother Dylan in Niagra is 6'8 200lbs. From watching a ton of shift vids on YouTube of Ryan(there's a lot which is awesome) his IQ is sky high, he isn't exactly nasty but hes young that might change. I think he's perfect for ES because he's one of the few that would be just fine in the OHL physically and mentally.

austin63867

Nov 13, 2018
His brother Dylan in Niagra is 6'8 200lbs. From watching a ton of shift vids on YouTube of Ryan(there's a lot which is awesome) his IQ is sky high, he isn't exactly nasty but hes young that might change. I think he's perfect for ES because he's one of the few that would be just fine in the OHL physically and mentally.
Was told Roobroeck was being denied. Friedman reported Misa was going to but they've reconsidered now because of his performance.

Reactions: BoundinGold

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad