F Maxim Cajkovic (2019, 89th, TBL; traded to MIN; traded to PIT)

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
wonder how was the line up looks like for Sea dogs ?

Cajkovic - Lawrence - W Poirier
Boucher - Prikryl - Burt
Burns - Deakin-Poot - Mason
MacIntosh - Jacob -Wilson

Campoli - Villeneuve
J Poirier - Larose
Higgins - DesRoches

D'Orio
Da Silva

Babula

May 31, 2012
wow Josh Lawrence kid looks like to be a someone promising.. for 5'8"

Last edited:

hockey2015

Jun 30, 2014
giphy.gif

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
Caught him against the Mooseheads twice now. He showed very well both games. Looks like a good 200 ft player. That bodes well for him. By the end of the year I think he will sneak into the 1st round. I'm more interested in what he can do when the WJC role around.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
He needs to get traded if their is any hope of him being drafted in the first round, saint johns is absolutely horrible
I don't think that a !st year Euro can be traded but I'm not sure. He's playing well and St.Johns will be a very good team in the near future. He has a good track record. I don't think the fact that he plays for St. Johns will be a major factor on where he gets drafted. Even though the Seadogs have a poor record the teams in the Q league as a whole are quite close.

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
I don't think that a !st year Euro can be traded but I'm not sure. He's playing well and St.Johns will be a very good team in the near future. He has a good track record. I don't think the fact that he plays for St. Johns will be a major factor on where he gets drafted. Even though the Seadogs have a poor record the teams in the Q league as a whole are quite close.
A good future for saint johns doesn’t really matter for him, he needs to be playing on a good team this year. I really don’t think this will be a good year for him, and I don’t think he will get called to play for WJC team as players elsewhere are outproducing him. All I see is SJ losing ever game by several goals while putting up no offensive production. Numbers need to be there to get drafted in first round. I thought Zadina like numbers were in store for him...

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
He needs to get traded if their is any hope of him being drafted in the first round, saint johns is absolutely horrible

Why? it doesn't hurt his status. NHL scouts are not blind. They dont look only to statistics. It was very clear from beginning (and there was an article about it) that Saint John will be a lamb between tigers. It is a project, that should bring Memorial Cup in 2021.

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
Why? it doesn't hurt his status. NHL scouts are not blind. They dont look only to statistics. It was very clear from beginning (and there was an article about it) that Saint John will be a lamb between tigers. It is a project, that should bring Memorial Cup in 2021.
Clearly it has because he continues to fall in any kind of rankings, much like most Slovak prospects have over course of season while playing in CHL. Remember when Ruzicka was supposed to be a bonafide first rounder? Or milos Roman a guaranteed top 60 pick. He’s supposed to be a sniper scoring goals at a really good rate.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Clearly it has because he continues to fall in any kind of rankings, much like most Slovak prospects have over course of season while playing in CHL. Remember when Ruzicka was supposed to be a bonafide first rounder? Or milos Roman a guaranteed top 60 pick. He’s supposed to be a sniper scoring goals at a really good rate.

Then there is something with his game. Maybe there are others 30 prospects at his level or better. But dont be afraid. All this ranking you see, in the finals they are worthless. In every NHL draft there are many many surprises. Every team has his own list and they do it like it is written there.

And even if he isnt drafted in 1th round? So what? Its still on him. He can be drafted in 7th round and with hard work make it to NHL.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
A good future for saint johns doesn’t really matter for him, he needs to be playing on a good team this year. I really don’t think this will be a good year for him, and I don’t think he will get called to play for WJC team as players elsewhere are outproducing him. All I see is SJ losing ever game by several goals while putting up no offensive production. Numbers need to be there to get drafted in first round. I thought Zadina like numbers were in store for him...

He chose to join this team. Any good agent or QMJHL follower knew Saint John would struggle this year and he decided to sign with them anyway.

Reactions: Wooren

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
He chose to join this team. Any good agent or QMJHL follower knew Saint John would struggle this year and he decided to sign with them anyway.
I honestly don't understand why would anyone want to play for a team that's gonna get destroyed game by game, but both imports knew of it (or at least should have) and still decided to sign with them anyway. Which is especially odd since both Cajkovic and Prikryl had prominent roles on their teams in Europe and would have likely gotten some pro league games. Thought Prikryl would be a sure-fire draft pick, but with his current pace he is not even close to consideration. Cajkovic made noise at the U18 WJC, looking like a sure 1st rounder, and instead of maintaing that he is dropping like a rock in the rankings. But again, both knew what they are up to.

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
Yes that is true, I guess there was thoughts that he’d thrive still with the sea dogs. He is right now playing on arguably the worst 1st line in all of the CHL. Why is the coach of SJ playing a 16 year old kid (Lawrence) on the 1st line? Every game seems to be 7-0. People above have said well look at some other notable prospects playing on bad teams but even they are putting up over ppg numbers. And numbers do matter for a supposed playmaker, he is no 2 way hulking centre. As of right now cajkovic’s draft ranking is hinging on his singular u18 performance. He was outperformed by younger kids at hlinka Gretzky cup and is quickly falling out of chances to be selected to WJC team. I honestly think Chromiak (2002 born) will be a better player than him by the end of season

Last edited:

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
Then there is something with his game. Maybe there are others 30 prospects at his level or better. But dont be afraid. All this ranking you see, in the finals they are worthless. In every NHL draft there are many many surprises. Every team has his own list and they do it like it is written there.

And even if he isnt drafted in 1th round? So what? Its still on him. He can be drafted in 7th round and with hard work make it to NHL.
Rankings have seemed pretty consistent with regards to Slovak players over past years. Really the only surprises last year were the two goalies selected but that was because of WJC performance. Fehervary was a second rounder for most of rankings up till draft. Milos Roman was supposed to be a second maybe even late first rounder but once again put up below ppg numbers. Pospisil was a wild card but he had good numbers at the combine and is a physical beast. Looking at last years first pick in import draft, cajkovic has been subpar by a large margain

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
Ok i'll bite. So if this was Noah Dobsons draft year do you figure he goes undrafted? Is this your theory? Check his stats out in Bathurst. Hockey drafting doesn't work that way.

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
Ok i'll bite. So if this was Noah Dobsons draft year do you figure he goes undrafted? Is this your theory? Check his stats out in Bathurst. Hockey drafting doesn't work that way.
Didn’t Acadie bathurst win the memorial cup lol? 69 points in 67 games as a dman is first round worthy in a draft year. Plus he already had a decent first year resume in the Q. Cajkovic has really had one tournament that propelled him to be a first round pick, and has quickly fallen out of that due to his last tournament and now start to season. 4 pts in his last 12 games, oh but of course the scouts will see that he’s on a bad team yeah no. Saint johns is the worst team in the CHL and it’s not even really close. Another Slovak prospect disappointing in CHL, maybe they should all go to USHL...
I don’t put all the blame on him, it’s hard to put up numbers on a team that seems to lose every game by several goals. Coach of SJ playing a 16 year old on first line centre.. ouch

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
Didn’t Acadie bathurst win the memorial cup lol? 69 points in 67 games as a dman is first round worthy in a draft year. Plus he already had a decent first year resume in the Q. Cajkovic has really had one tournament that propelled him to be a first round pick, and has quickly fallen out of that due to his last tournament and now start to season. 4 pts in his last 12 games, oh but of course the scouts will see that he’s on a bad team yeah no. Saint johns is the worst team in the CHL and it’s not even really close. Another Slovak prospect disappointing in CHL, maybe they should all go to USHL...
I don’t put all the blame on him, it’s hard to put up numbers on a team that seems to lose every game by several goals. Coach of SJ playing a 16 year old on first line centre.. ouch
Point was that Dobson a high first rounder last year is putting up poor numbers on a poor team. Bathurst is probably worse than the St.Johns team. So maybe just maybe Dobson is a pretty good player on a very poor team. Maybe just maybe Cajkovic is a pretty good player on a very poor team. Get it? I see your point but I've watched the Seadogs twice this year. Kid is a good player. Believe it or not. There's always next year right.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad