F Maxim Cajkovic (2019, 89th, TBL; traded to MIN; traded to PIT)

Andy Lehoux

Jan 2, 2018
Healthy scratch again tonight. Although underwhelming, Cajkovic was half decent in in the beginning of the season with St-John, but he has been almost invisible in his last few games.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Healthy scratch again tonight. Although underwhelming, Cajkovic was half decent in in the beginning of the season with St-John, but he has been almost invisible in his last few games.

That's crazy, haven't heard of a highly touted prospect being scratched at the junior level, you have to be playing horribly for that to happen. Maybe he's just not that good.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
That's crazy, haven't heard of a highly touted prospect being scratched at the junior level, you have to be playing horribly for that to happen. Maybe he's just not that good.

Attitude related for his healthy scratches.

Though he can't be quite as good as people thought he was, a top draft prospect is going to put up points in the Q regardless of how bad their team is.

Reactions: Andy Lehoux

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Attitude related for his healthy scratches.

Though he can't be quite as good as people thought he was, a top draft prospect is going to put up points in the Q regardless of how bad their team is.

Exactly, players have produced far more on worse teams.

Reactions: Emerz

Brando

May 21, 2017
Watched him last week against Drummondville and he was bad. Took bad penalties, seemed lazy - low effort.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Only one game, but certainly didn't look like an NHL level prospect to me when I saw him. The scratches and point totals seem to point to this as well.

NoMessi

Jan 2, 2009
They have a few hundred thousand more people plus 10% of our population does not play sports (Romani). StillYeah Finland’s hockey program is quite a bit ahead of ours. We’ve never really recovered from our breakup with Czechs in terms of hockey. Our hockey prospect development has dwindled while our football prospect production has skyrocketed ahead of many European countries much larger than us (including countries like Finland, Czech, Sweden). Which is why I want the best for our top hockey prospects.

Where did you finish in this summers World Cup? We reached the quarter finals knocking out Netherlands, Germany, Italy and Switzerland.

When did you win the u21 European Championship? We won in 2015 and have finished second or third 3 other times. One time as recent as in 2009.

You can never compare yourself to a nation like Sweden in football when we have as many medals in the World Cup as Spain, England and Belgium combined.

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
Where did you finish in this summers World Cup? We reached the quarter finals knocking out Netherlands, Germany, Italy and Switzerland.

When did you win the u21 European Championship? We won in 2015 and have finished second or third 3 other times. One time as recent as in 2009.

You can never compare yourself to a nation like Sweden in football when we have as many medals in the World Cup as Spain, England and Belgium combined.
I’m talking about prospect program which recently beat yours pretty handily in 2017 u21 euros 3-0, score probably should’ve been 5 or 6-0. Not to mention what don’t you guys have like 10.5 million people, so more than double our population? While also receiving many many immigrants! Hmmm
Yah we might not have done as well in the World Cup, but we have done much better than you in euros while also suffering under iron curtain, We’ve got 1 gold, and 2 bronze, while also facing emigration of tens and thousands of our population. Hmmm

Last edited:
Reactions: james12

NoMessi

Jan 2, 2009
I’m talking about prospect program which recently beat yours pretty handily in 2017 u21 euros 3-0, score probably should’ve been 5 or 6-0. Not to mention what don’t you guys have like 10.5 million people, so more than double our population? While also receiving many many immigrants! Hmmm

Still doesnt change the fact that we won in 2015 and you have never even reached the semi final. One game doesnt change that.

And we are not more than double your population. You are around 5.4 and we are around 10.2. Your math is off by a whole Helsinki (600k)

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
Still doesnt change the fact that we won in 2015 and you have never even reached the semi final. One game doesnt change that.

And we are not more than double your population. You are around 5.4 and we are around 10.2. Your math is off by a whole Helsinki (600k)

This is not related to this topic but I need to react.
We could not compare to you right now when it comes to the sport. I would say that it is miracle that we are competitive to you in some sports while comparing the conditions in both countries.
In our country there is lot of things which are not working also due to high corruption in public sphere , so it is logical that the sport has its problems too.
(infrastructure, lower number of children,which result to lower level of competition, low support from state, overall status of the sport in the society...) ,
Football already improved many of the above things and I hope that at least hockey will follow in the near future...

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
They have a few hundred thousand more people plus 10% of our population does not play sports (Romani). StillYeah Finland’s hockey program is quite a bit ahead of ours. We’ve never really recovered from our breakup with Czechs in terms of hockey. Our hockey prospect development has dwindled while our football prospect production has skyrocketed ahead of many European countries much larger than us (including countries like Finland, Czech, Sweden). Which is why I want the best for our top hockey prospects.

This seems like a very strange statement. If you go with the assumption that as many as 10% of Slovak citizens are Roma (which is entirely plausible if you count in the ones that identify as Slovak/Hungarian in population census) you are also counting the half of them that are integrated into normal society (and many of whom don't even identify as Roma) and I'm not sure why they would be less likely to play sports than any other ethnic group.

And it's not like even the Roma who live in secluded communities playing sports is unheard off. Remember the recent story about the girl who won a running competition in these shoes: Príbeh bežkyne v balerínkach pokračuje, má prvé bežecké tenisky - kosice.korzar.sme.sk

And there's even an Olympic medalist who is Roma from Slovakia although his story didn't end very well...

Granted, Roma from secluded communities are extremely unlikely to play hockey, but there is no reason why they wouldn't be any participating in other sports.

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
77E19543-3BB3-4418-90BD-5E2BF9ECEB12.png

Dodospice

Jan 19, 2012

This definitely directed at a few players on the Sea Dogs. They’re not doing themselves any favours with regards to their stock, regardless of how bad the team is. They’re not drafting for points, they’re drafting for skill sets. If the skill set is there, you’ll be picked regardless... but you can’t be doing things to hurt yourself like being a bad teammate.

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
This seems like a very strange statement. If you go with the assumption that as many as 10% of Slovak citizens are Roma (which is entirely plausible if you count in the ones that identify as Slovak/Hungarian in population census) you are also counting the half of them that are integrated into normal society (and many of whom don't even identify as Roma) and I'm not sure why they would be less likely to play sports than any other ethnic group.

And it's not like even the Roma who live in secluded communities playing sports is unheard off. Remember the recent story about the girl who won a running competition in these shoes: Príbeh bežkyne v balerínkach pokračuje, má prvé bežecké tenisky - kosice.korzar.sme.sk

And there's even an Olympic medalist who is Roma from Slovakia although his story didn't end very well...

Granted, Roma from secluded communities are extremely unlikely to play hockey, but there is no reason why they wouldn't be any participating in other sports.
I haven’t seen the representation, maybe you have more than I. But compared to other minority groups in other countries, it is much greater than ours. Aboriginal and Asian communities in Canada and USA for example, have some kind of representation and still “make it.” When was last time Roma started for Slovak football team? And I’m not talking about press saying “oh well way down the line he was 0.0005 % Roma”. Just saying it’s hard to count them as proportional contributors. Anyways that’s another conversation not for this board.

Peeps

May 24, 2017
I don't think it's fair to scout him right now. Sea Dogs are 3-22. That's awful.

Imagine being a foreigner, coming to Quebec to play hockey, and you come into a super bad team.

Anyone that play hockey here knows that a winning team is more than just really good players producing. You need the chemistry, trust of teammate, play like a unit, anyone knows their role etc.

It's obviously not the case in Saint John. And it's obviously affecting him.

As much as he wants to be the best player he can be this year with the Sea Dogs, it's just not going to happen. He'll drop in the ranking, and someone will have a nice player to work with in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Babula

May 31, 2012
As much as he wants to be the best player he can be this year with the Sea Dogs, it's just not going to happen. He'll drop in the ranking, and someone will have a nice player to work with in the 2nd or 3rd round.

So he is mostly invisible, because of his origin and his bad choose ( not in Cajkovicson or Cajkovictanen... mode.) he is not for scouting him by you as well as by the others.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I don't think it's fair to scout him right now. Sea Dogs are 3-22. That's awful.

Imagine being a foreigner, coming to Quebec to play hockey, and you come into a super bad team.

Anyone that play hockey here knows that a winning team is more than just really good players producing. You need the chemistry, trust of teammate, play like a unit, anyone knows their role etc.

New Brunswick.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia

I mean not really, someone who's going in the rounds 1-3 is going to be head and shoulders over their competition night in and night out in the Q. They will produce no matter how bad the team is simply because the vast majority of players they're playing against aren't close to NHL prospects.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad