F Maxim Cajkovic (2019, 89th, TBL; traded to MIN; traded to PIT)

Babula

May 31, 2012
I honestly don't understand why would anyone want to play for a team that's gonna get destroyed game by game, but both imports knew of it (or at least should have) and still decided to sign with them anyway. Which is especially odd since both Cajkovic and Prikryl had prominent roles on their teams in Europe and would have likely gotten some pro league games. Thought Prikryl would be a sure-fire draft pick, but with his current pace he is not even close to consideration. Cajkovic made noise at the U18 WJC, looking like a sure 1st rounder, and instead of maintaing that he is dropping like a rock in the rankings. But again, both knew what they are up to.

NHL loving, I guess seriously... I have not any next idea.

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
Point was that Dobson a high first rounder last year is putting up poor numbers on a poor team. Bathurst is probably worse than the St.Johns team. So maybe just maybe Dobson is a pretty good player on a very poor team. Maybe just maybe Cajkovic is a pretty good player on a very poor team. Get it? I see your point but I've watched the Seadogs twice this year. Kid is a good player. Believe it or not. There's always next year right.
Yes I understand that but players need the numbers to be selected in the first round plus we haven’t had a prospect drafted in the first round in 5 years (last was dano in 2013) so there was hope that he’d be a first round pick. So far Slovak projects in past few years in CHL have been mostly failures
Cernak = success
Bodak = relatively successful
Ivan = TBD
M. Roman = TBD
Fasko Rudas = failure imo
Ruzicka = failure
Liska = failure
Fafrak = failure
Goalies = overall neutral but more failure imo

Babula

May 31, 2012
hmm. numbers vs. personality. I Think we've had better soldiers in past...

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
9-1 loss for sea dogs tonight. SJ Coach after the game says that the team have it their best effort and were lucky not to get a win. What a joke of an organization. Is he gonna even gonna get 40 points this year? So much for sniper...
R.I.P chance of ethnic Slovak being draft in first round of next draft. Chromiak and knazko please save us.

Blade Paradigm

Oct 21, 2017
9-1 loss for sea dogs tonight. SJ Coach after the game says that the team have it their best effort and were lucky not to get a win. What a joke of an organization. Is he gonna even gonna get 40 points this year? So much for sniper...
R.I.P chance of ethnic Slovak being draft in first round of next draft. Chromiak and knazko please save us.
Cajkovic's play doesn't warrant a first-round selection. In fact, he is a very high-risk player, as he does very little besides shoot the puck well.

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
It's not really what I've seen from the games I've watched.
I saw him in most of the games this season and he has not looked his best but that’s not just on him. He’s playing on one of the worst teams in the CHL with a 16 year old rookie centering the top line. His offensive game was lacking at hlinka tournament but he made up for it defensively. He tore the u18 tournament apart where he bullied the Finns, Czechs, Russians. He needs trade

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
Not the best team to produce from for his draft year but once the teams is out of rebuild mode he’ll start getting hot. He was the #1 guy in the Import draft you can’t expect Saint John not to choose him. Four 16 year olds on Saint John are playing in the U17 Worlds for Canada. I feel confident Maxim will become a much better player in 2 more seasons. You also gotta remember these other kids on this team are gonna learn and produce from this player as well. Don’t be disappointed in this guy he will get better.

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
If you are gonna keep beating up on the Seadog franchise just go over and post your thoughts on the Seadog thread.
Oh I’m sorry that I’m worried about another draft with no Slovaks being drafted in the first round. So yes I will complain. Whatever country your from most likely does not have to worry about that. What stake do you even have with cajkovics future in the NHL? I’m assuming you’re not Slovak

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Oh I’m sorry that I’m worried about another draft with no Slovaks being drafted in the first round. So yes I will complain. Whatever country your from most likely does not have to worry about that. What stake do you even have with cajkovics future in the NHL? I’m assuming you’re not Slovak

You have a stake in a 17 year olds future? I think you need to diversify your portfolio.
Most publications have him late 1st/early 2nd. The 16 year old Center he's playing with has more goals and a higher PPG than Cajkovich. After watching them it's not like Cajkovich is looking any better than Lawrence. They will get better next year. I'm sure if Cajkovich was so worried about it he wouldn't have gone to a rebuilding team.

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
You have a stake in a 17 year olds future? I think you need to diversify your portfolio.
Most publications have him late 1st/early 2nd. The 16 year old Center he's playing with has more goals and a higher PPG than Cajkovich. After watching them it's not like Cajkovich is looking any better than Lawrence. They will get better next year. I'm sure if Cajkovich was so worried about it he wouldn't have gone to a rebuilding team.
As a Slovak yes I believe I do. Because I want to see best of Slovaks. Sorry we only have about 5 million of us worldwide, unlike the Swedes, Americans or Canadians or Russians. So it’s not as easy for us to churn out talent at a commesive rate while also rebuilding our football program...

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
As a Slovak yes I believe I do. Because I want to see best of Slovaks. Sorry we only have about 5 million of us worldwide, unlike the Swedes, Americans or Canadians or Russians. So it’s not as easy for us to churn out talent at a commesive rate while also rebuilding our football program...

Isn't Slovakia's population pretty close to Finlands?

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
Isn't Slovakia's population pretty close to Finlands?
They have a few hundred thousand more people plus 10% of our population does not play sports (Romani). StillYeah Finland’s hockey program is quite a bit ahead of ours. We’ve never really recovered from our breakup with Czechs in terms of hockey. Our hockey prospect development has dwindled while our football prospect production has skyrocketed ahead of many European countries much larger than us (including countries like Finland, Czech, Sweden). Which is why I want the best for our top hockey prospects.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
They have a few hundred thousand more people plus 10% of our population does not play sports (Romani). StillYeah Finland’s hockey program is quite a bit ahead of ours. We’ve never really recovered from our breakup with Czechs in terms of hockey. Our hockey prospect development has dwindled while our football prospect production has skyrocketed ahead of many European countries much larger than us (including countries like Finland, Czech, Sweden). Which is why I want the best for our top hockey prospects.

Tends to happen in most countries that aren't overly sports crazy. Canada focus' a lot of their athletic development into Hockey. There are some football, soccer, lacrosse, baseball and basketball players but they are no where close to the level of hockey players we produce. Most countries have a major focus on a specific major sport outside of pretty much just the US, which produces athletes for pretty much every sport.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007

When you don't know what you're talking about...

It's one of the best organization in the whole CHL right now and the QMJHL teams with the most cups in the last 10 years.

Since its foundation in 2005:
3 President's Cup (2011, 2012, 2017)
1 Memorial Cup (2011)

They also have multiple former players in the NHL this season.

And you can expect them to be contenders again very soon.

Last edited:

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
5D895860-7EE0-484E-A550-C436FAA9EE7E.png

Not what people want to see but I’m not surprised because he’s on a 2-20-2 record team right now with six 16 year olds on the team. Games have been looking ugly but he’s gotta get used to it he’s there to develop to North American hockey. It’s not even a Quarter ways through the season. Hopefully things can change I like this guy a lot.

Reactions: Tube Skates

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad