F Masun Fleece - Shattuck St. Mary’s, U16 AAA (2025 Draft)

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

Fleece is one of the top Americans in the 2025 NHL draft - his greatest attribute has to be his skating and edgework around the ice, he can flat out fly and turn on a dime. He has been know to have a real good shot and playmaking abilities. He plays for Shattuck‘s and we all know how good of a program that is. He should be a real interesting player to follow going forward.

WHL Rights: Vancouver Giants
WHL US Prospect Draft: Vancouver Giants (R1, 2022, #21 Overall)

NCAA Commitment: TBD

Last edited:
Reactions: d rake

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Masun,..

language is weird... masu is a finnish dialect word and it means tummy
and masun is its genitive form

also Fleece, a fabric that is used, to make clothes; like jackets.

----

106 points in 51 games last season
67 points in 50 games this season

a big drop in points, though,.. big jump from U14 to U16

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Fleece skates well but I'm not so sure he has the "wow" factor, Ryker Lee is clearly the alpha on SSM, and you can hand-wring on birth year, but he is only about 2 months older in terms of actual age, and they'd be in the same NHL Draft Class down the road (Lee is a bit small, so dunno what type of NHL future he has, but he's made a big jump this season compared to last). I guess a difference is Lee played for the 15 team last season and Fleece the 14 team, so it's a bit of a bigger adjustment. Not sure if Fleece will opt for USNDTP or WHL. Vancouver is a bit closer to home, USNDTP gives you a better inside track on playing for the U20 WJC down the road and keeps college eligibility open.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Didn't make the NTDP. Playing for Fargo next season.

I think he's a good player. Saw him play for the USA U17 Select team. He was line-mates with by far the best forward on the team, so it helped, but he's a skilled offensive player. The descriptions above sound accurate. He skates well, has good puck skills, and is a good playmaker. But I don't think I see amazing ability and I imagine he didn't make the NTDP because there are usually too many skilled wingers and someone that plays the game like that has to miss out on making the team. Can't take 8 of the same player. He's probably going to be one of those players that will be in draft discussion for the next few years, but has a wide range, so he could go undrafted with weak development the next few seasons or could go in the second or third round, if he progresses very well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad