F Martin Misiak - Erie Otters, OHL (2023, 55th, CHI)

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
Martin Misiak
Height: 188 cm / 6'2"
Weight: 90 kg / 198 lbs
Nation: Slovakia

Martin Misiak at eliteprospects.com

I have no idea where this kid can be drafted, but he definitely has potential. He can be a contender for the early rounds. Has elements of a two-way game. Very competitive player. He can play both Center and Wing. Decent offensive skills, although physically not yet fully adapted among men. It is quite possible that next season he will go to NA. He is the best player of the Slovak national team under 18 this season - 11 goals and 3 assists in 10 games (a pity he did not get to HGC). A few days ago, he scored his first goal in the top tier Slovak men's league.

Last edited:

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Based on skill alone and skating ability, I think he’s a top 3 round candidate. I think he’s probably a bit better than Chromiak was at his age but a better skater. I think it would be good for him to go to NA as well.

Reactions: hellwar9

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia

Limited ice time still, but got another goal. I wonder if in 4-5 months for WJC selection camp if he can push for an extra spot over a guy like Lasak or Krajc

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
I really like this kid. After Dalibor Dvorský, Alex Ciernik and Ondrej Molnar, there is Martin Misiak, whom I trust the most. Yes, more than Hontek (which paradoxically has more points) and Jencko. And I don't think his upside is far from that first trio. But Martin definitely needs to strengthen in the summer. On the physical side, he still doesn't manage the top tier men's Slovak league and that's why his IT is limited.

Reactions: JohnJim

JohnJim

Mar 19, 2022
I really like this kid. After Dalibor Dvorský, Alex Ciernik and Ondrej Molnar, there is Martin Misiak, whom I trust the most. Yes, more than Hontek (which paradoxically has more points) and Jencko. And I don't think his upside is far from that first trio. But Martin definitely needs to strengthen in the summer. On the physical side, he still doesn't manage the top tier men's Slovak league and that's why his IT is limited.
Nice to see Slovakia produce solid prospects after some years of very few Slovaks taken in the entry draft.

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
He signed a contract in Nove Zamky for next season. He stays in Slovakia, but will still probably be drafted into the CHL. The best possible scenario for him will be if he plays in the first lineith Tomas Mikus (last season almost ppg in the Czech league) and gets a lot of IT. Personally, I have high expectations from him, but he will have to strengthen in the summer.

Reactions: Antiillafire

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Local media here in Saginaw put out an article about the import draft. Saginaw expects both thier current imports to come back next season and hope to get Misiak to come over next offseason. Plans of course can change pending on what happens with current imports and the NHL draft

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
I thought he was really good against Canada. I think rounds 4-7 are realistic for him. Good 2 way play, didn’t score but also wasn’t getting the PP or o-zone opportunities as other players.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Best import pick up in the USHL in the past few years, for the teams success?

Stepped into the lineup as 1C, powerplay and killing penalties. He had 10 points in 9 games as Youngstown wins the USHL playoff championship. Second highest scorer in the playoffs, only a Lincoln player had more and they were eliminated earlier.

Pazucha

Apr 3, 2023
Recap:

He talked to almost every NHL club, but he cant say which one showed most interest because they asked him not to name them.

Transition to NA rink size was hard

He was surprised by NHL Combine invitation, now he wants to make the best impression not just in physical test but also in interviews.

He wants to stay in NA next year USHL or OHL (Saginaw)

Slovak League was more organized he said USHL is organized chaos i think he meant play style.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Does he have any interest in college? Think a lot of these European guys would benefit a lot from NCAA but it's not a very common path for a lot of them.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Does he have any interest in college? Think a lot of these European guys would benefit a lot from NCAA but it's not a very common path for a lot of them.
As far as I know he is no longer college eligible as he played in the Slovak Extraliga. However I am not sure cause Artyom Duda played in the KHL and is going to college. Ncaa would be a good route if he could but I’m guessing he will either play in the CHL or play another year back in Slovakia in an elevated role like Adam Sykora. Unless he can make the Hawks AHL team

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad