LW Martin Chromiak - Kingston Frontenacs, OHL (2020, 128th, LAK)

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I’d prefer him to go to North America and play with savoie. No to Finland/Sweden, it has another Knazko situation written all over it. However, the situation in Kingston could very well end up being another saint johns-cajkovic. Looking at there roster, it is pretty weak offensively. They lost their three best scorers, and savoie’s impact may be closer to how josh Lawrence produced in SJ. Kingston is abysmal up front.

I think you mean Shane Wright, Matthew Savoie plays for Winnipeg in the WHL.

Reactions: firstafricanslovak

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
I’d prefer him to go to North America and play with savoie. No to Finland/Sweden, it has another Knazko situation written all over it. However, the situation in Kingston could very well end up being another saint johns-cajkovic. Looking at there roster, it is pretty weak offensively. They lost their three best scorers, and wrights impact may be closer to how josh Lawrence produced in SJ. Kingston is abysmal up front.

Agree that Kingston will have a young unproven team but Wright is a much better prospect than Lawrence, so that situation isn't entirely the same.

Rusty7550

Aug 11, 2018

So, Martin is staying in Dukla Trencin. He has signed 3 years deal today. Hes gonna play men's hockey for Dukla's A-team. Hopefully with solid ice time, including PP. Just like Erik Cernak in 2015.

Reactions: degustator

Ryan Van Horne

aka Scribe
Dec 1, 2005
Halifax

So, Martin is staying in Dukla Trencin. He has signed 3 years deal today. Hes gonna play men's hockey for Dukla's A-team. Hopefully with solid ice time, including PP. Just like Erik Cernak in 2015.

That's not good news for the Kingston Frontenacs. They should have done their homework before making him the No. 2 pick in the Import Draft.

Reactions: Rusty7550

Rusty7550

Aug 11, 2018
That's not good news for the Kingston Frontenacs. They should have done their homework before making him the No. 2 pick in the Import Draft.
You know, kids from Czech Republic and especially from Slovakia are usually coming over ... without any problems. Because they dont have opportunity to play men's hockey like kids from Sweden or Finland. So people in Kingston probably thought that Chromiak gonna play for them next season. And to be honest I thought that too. For me this was very surprising. Dukla Trencin probably gave him very good offer and promised him good IT. But anything can happen. Maybe hes gonna play for Kingston in 20-21 season.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
You know, kids from Czech Republic and especially from Slovakia are usually coming over ... without any problems. Because they dont have opportunity to play men's hockey like kids from Sweden or Finland. So people in Kingston probably thought that Chromiak gonna play for them next season. And to be honest I thought that too. For me this was very surprising. Dukla Trencin probably gave him very good offer and promised him good IT. But anything can happen. Maybe hes gonna play for Kingston in 20-21 season.

Or if the ice time doesn't end up being there for him, he could come over half way through the year such as Jaromir Pytlik did last season (and others have done previously).

Reactions: wings5

Rusty7550

Aug 11, 2018
Head coach of Dukla Trencin Jan Pardavy just said that they want to give him very important role for next season, big ice time, including PP. They want to work with him during the whole season, work on every detail. They see big potential in him ... to be great NHL player one day. He believes that men's hockey is better option for him than to play juniors.
Im looking forward to see him next season. Kid is so talented. Probably most talented player from Dukla Trencin since Gaborik.

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
Head coach of Dukla Trencin Jan Pardavy just said that they want to give him very important role for next season, big ice time, including PP. They want to work with him during the whole season, work on every detail. They see big potential in him ... to be great NHL player one day. He believes that men's hockey is better option for him than to play juniors.
Im looking forward to see him next season. Kid is so talented. Probably most talented player from Dukla Trencin since Gaborik.
That’s good news. He has an elite hockey sense that I haven’t seen out of Slovak player in quite a long while. He’s a complete player as well. I expect him to have a big tournament at hlinka Gretzky Cup.

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
I am very happy that he decided to stay in Slovak league.
Maybe this is because of other slovak players were not so successful going abroad in the recent years (including Cajkovic projected as 1st rounder) and Dukla promised him big portion of IT including powerplays.
I am looking forward to see him in the next season and I keep crossed fingers for him.

Rusty7550

Aug 11, 2018
I wonder what kind of stats he would put up in this tourney if he played with a byfield or a perfetti.
Hes playing very well and showing great chemistry with Myklukha. Shame that Krajč is injured. Krajč-Myklukha-Chromiak would be great 1st line.

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
Hes playing very well and showing great chemistry with Myklukha. Shame that Krajč is injured. Krajč-Myklukha-Chromiak would be great 1st line.
Oh I agree, Krajc was great at u18 tournament. I’m just saying in cases like Canada, a players stats will look nice because they play with top 5 player and get lots of points.

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
1+1 today ... I really like him. His skating looks very good. Kid is so underrated. I saw some rating a he wasnt even in TOP 62
He’s the most complete Slovak player in a while. And a perfect player for today’s game. Less volatile potential compared to maxim, who I think will either be a big goal scorer or 4th line speedy winger at nhl level. Chromiak I think could become very solid top 6 forward, 60 pt guy in the nhl. He’s so smart on the ice, and can really shoot the puck. Can’t wait to see what he does for dukla this season and at world juniors

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
He’s the most complete Slovak player in a while. And a perfect player for today’s game. Less volatile potential compared to maxim, who I think will either be a big goal scorer or 4th line speedy winger at nhl level. Chromiak I think could become very solid top 6 forward, 60 pt guy in the nhl. He’s so smart on the ice, and can really shoot the puck. Can’t wait to see what he does for dukla this season and at world juniors

Looks good but too early to make predictions, Slovak league hasn't produced a start forward in awhile, same with Slovaks who went abroad, and there were some with high NHL expectations before and they failed to live up to them.

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
Looks good but too early to make predictions, Slovak league hasn't produced a start forward in awhile, same with Slovaks who went abroad, and there were some with high NHL expectations before and they failed to live up to them.
Not saying he’s gonna be a top line nhl forward, but I can see an Erik cernak situation. Develop for a while and jump into the league as a 20-21 year old. Cernak has become a legit #3D after a year in the nhl and could be a premier shutdown top pairing dman.

Rusty7550

Aug 11, 2018
Martin Chromiak just played his first game (pre-season) for HK Dukla Trencin against HC Olomouc from Czech Extraliga. Dukla lost 6-3 but Martin registered a primary assist and also scored a goal in shootout.

Reactions: mirec04

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia

Then again the last Slovak forward who established himself as a pretty good NHL level player was Tomas Tatar who also played in Slovak league in his draft season. Asides from him I don't recall any top Slovak prospects (and Tatar didn't really establish himself as one until 2009 WJC) playing in the Slovak league. Marian Studenic played a big role for his team in his pre-draft season in the league and he seems to be doing ok, though it remains to be seen if he'll be an NHLer.

Generally though over the past decade the Slovaks who debuted in the NHL pretty much all stayed in Europe until at least the draft and sometimes beyond - Tatar, Marincin and Cernak in Slovakia, Dano in Slovakia/KHL, Panik in CZE, Cehlarik and Jaros in Sweden. Tomas Jurco was the only one who played in North America pruor to draft. It does seem like Slovak players aren't all that ready to make the jump yo NA before age 18 and succeed lately.

Martin Chromiak just played his first game (pre-season) for HK Dukla Trencin against HC Olomouc from Czech Extraliga. Dukla lost 6-3 but Martin registered a primary assist and also scored a goal in shootout.

And he had another 2 assists in a 9:3 win against Czech league team Karlovy Vary.

Reactions: mirec04

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->