LW Martin Chromiak - Kingston Frontenacs, OHL (2020, 128th, LAK)

lostinwarsaw

A Slovak living in Belgium
Feb 26, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
I have watched Martin’s last game as well as 7-8 others this season, he had a 2 point night to put him at 48 pts in 40 games. He also has 24 goals, third in the league.
Things he is good at:
-Vision on the ice is very very good, makes passes that very few other player can make in u20 league
-Positioning is really good, can play off the cycle and on the rush at high level
-Accurate shot, very good wrist and snap shot

Improvements:
-Acceleration, he should have 10 more goals if he had a faster first step/stride
- Needs to engage a little more physically, shines away at times

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
I have watched Martin’s last game as well as 7-8 others this season, he had a 2 point night to put him at 48 pts in 40 games. He also has 24 goals, third in the league.
Things he is good at:
-Vision on the ice is very very good, makes passes that very few other player can make in u20 league
-Positioning is really good, can play off the cycle and on the rush at high level
-Accurate shot, very good wrist and snap shot

Improvements:
-Acceleration, he should have 10 more goals if he had a faster first step/stride
- Needs to engage a little more physically, shines away at times

Are you a scout or something like that?

lostinwarsaw

Feb 26, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Are you a scout or something like that?
No I just watch a bunch of games and grew up playing a lot of hockey, and comment on what I notice about players. I feel maybe some Slovak users want to know how a player plays, skill level, improvement, etc. Junior hockey to me can be the most entertaining, more so than boring men’s league games imo

lostinwarsaw

Feb 26, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Finished the season with 61 points in 50 games. Including 30 goals, he should finish as a top 3 goal scorer in the U20 league unless I’m mistaken

Rusty7550

Aug 11, 2018
He was imo the best Slovak forward today, he’s really stepped up. I would’ve liked to see him with oleksii but I guess not.
Next year :) And btw ... From what i saw in games against Russia and Finland ... Skating is not problem at all ... He looks really smooth and fast on the ice

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Probably goes high in the CHL import draft considering he's probably even more talented than Cajkovic.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
I think he’s an overall more complete player. I hope a team who has some good centres will select him

Well Saint John does have Lawrence and probably soon a talented incoming rookie Center Joshua Roy, Chromiak could look good with them and possibly his fellow countryman Cajkovic on the other side of that line.

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
Kamloops, Acadie Bathurst, shawinigan, Erie.
I’ve heard these teams have reached out to him about potentially coming over to NA and have actively scouted to potentially select in the import draft this month.

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
First team, fourth line? Better no.
I think Dukla Trencin is promising him first lines, including playing powerplays.
I am very curios how he decides, it is very tough decision because playing some important role in Slovak league would certainly give him more than playing junior league in USA although tough one. On the other hand he won't be so "visible" for the north-american scouts..

Kesid

The House of Penguin
Aug 25, 2005
First team, fourth line? Better no.

Yeah, I agree with you. I dont think Dukla is the right fit for him. If he wants a proper development, he has to go to NA or pick Sweden/Finland route.

I really like this kid, especially his IQ and vision and hope he is going to be a stud.

But like I said - he rejected offers during spring, because they promised him first team.

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
Yeah, I agree with you. I dont think Dukla is the right fit for him. If he wants a proper development, he has to go to NA or pick Sweden/Finland route.

I really like this kid, especially his IQ and vision and hope he is going to be a stud.

But like I said - he rejected offers during spring, because they promised him first team.
I’d prefer him to go to North America and play with savoie. No to Finland/Sweden, it has another Knazko situation written all over it. However, the situation in Kingston could very well end up being another saint johns-cajkovic. Looking at there roster, it is pretty weak offensively. They lost their three best scorers, and wrights impact may be closer to how josh Lawrence produced in SJ. Kingston is abysmal up front.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad