LW Martin Chromiak - Kingston Frontenacs, OHL (2020, 128th, LAK)

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
Chromiak started season in u18 league where he scored 8 points in 2 games. He was than moved to u20 team and has 16 points in 13 games. Don’t know how likely it is, but wouldn’t be surprised to see him get some time in second men’s division this year. Would be wise for him to look at CHL option next year. He was one of the better Slovak players at hlinka tournament this past summer.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
Wow This kid continues to surprise me as his development has absolutely destroyed the expectations that I thought. He’s basically scored or assist in every u20 game, so I was surprised he was not on the teams last game. He was called up to dukla trencin men’s team in top league and picks up an assist in his debut for them. I talked to someone who was at the game and they said chromiak played very well and didn’t look too much out of place for a 16 year old. I’m excited for this kid more than any Slovak prospect since Dano

Rusty7550

Aug 11, 2018
Maybe he should push Cajkovic out from U20 WJC team. :sarcasm:
No, he shouldn't. I saw both of them a lot. And Chromiak is not on Cajkovic's level yet. Maxim is our top prospects right now. A guy with elite skating ability and shot. Unfortunately, he's paying the price for playing with very weak team. Something like Peyton Krebs in Kootenay Ice. But even Kootenay Ice is better team than Sea Dogs.

Reactions: degustator

james12

Mar 31, 2018
No, he shouldn't. I saw both of them a lot. And Chromiak is not on Cajkovic's level yet. Maxim is our top prospects right now. A guy with elite skating ability and shot. Unfortunately, he's paying the price for playing with very weak team. Something like Peyton Krebs in Kootenay Ice. But even Kootenay Ice is better team than Sea Dogs.

I consider Chromiak as the best slovak offensive prospect since Reway. Comparable skating to Cajkovic's. Better two-way abilities and hockey iq. I predict he's gonna be on Maxim's level soon.

There's absolutely no chance he will make the WJC 20 team though. If I were the head coach I would at least give him a chance in pre-tournament.

Reactions: degustator

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
18 points in 16 games for a 16 year old in a U20 league is impressive. Already played two games in the men's league with one assist. It's good to see some talent come out of Slovakia again.

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
Another impressive talent from Trencin. I wish him good luck in the future. He could be very good player and who knows maybe also NHL prospect?

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
He has been recalled to men’s team and will spend foreseeable future (this season at least) with them. U20 competition is probably a little too easy for him. But I’d rather him play in 2.div and get top 6 mins, but we all know that won’t make older guys happy ;)

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
It seems he was just doing some training with men’s team. He is still with u20. 7 pts in last 3 games. Currently 7th in scoring in Slovak u20 league despite playing 4 less games than players ahead of him. He’d most likely be top 3 in scoring if he was able to play those games.

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
It is a pitty that he has not been effective on the tournament till now, hopefully it will be better against Switzerland, Slovakia will play 2 games against them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->