F Marcus Kallionkieli - Brandon Wheat Kings, WHL (2019, 139th, VGK)

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
He isn't really that big name at the moment as he played in the B-juniors last year but he has some interesting tools. Sounds like he is heading to the USHL (Sioux City) next season. There has been a lot of threads about Finnish prospects, but I think he actually might be a 1-3 round pick next year.

Source:

Also this:

Looks like he has some Brazil roots, very interesting. EP: Marcus Kallionkieli at eliteprospects.com

Definitely one guy to follow.

Jack DiBiase

Team Iceland Coach
Nov 15, 2008
What's his story? EP.com lists him as Finnish/Brazilian. Is he the Finnish Robyn Regehr?

Also his name sounds quite funny for English speakers, "cally-on-kelly".

Trilliann

Tier 2 fan
May 12, 2016
Below Replacement Level
What's his story? EP.com lists him as Finnish/Brazilian. Is he the Finnish Robyn Regehr?

Also his name sounds quite funny for English speakers, "cally-on-kelly".
It's a Finnish name, I'm guessing one of his parents is Brazilian

Marcus%20Kallionkieli_0077.JPG

transparent.gif

Last edited:

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
If he's the real deal, hopefully Motzko can use his success with other Finnish players including Ranta to get him to the U.

UNITEDSTATESOFHOCKEY

Jan 5, 2018
If he's the real deal, hopefully Motzko can use his success with other Finnish players including Ranta to get him to the U.

What success has motzko had with Ranta?! The kid hasn't played a game yet?! I guess he did get him into a school that isn't hard to get into. :thumbu:

Esko6

Sep 14, 2004
Finland
It's a Finnish name, I'm guessing one of his parents is Brazilian
transparent.gif

I have never heard that name before, it almost sounds like a name an artist invents for themselves. Population Information Center says there are 48 people with that name.

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
Think he needs to be on the radar sooner rather than later. I predict he will be a top 5 NCAA recruiting battle for this season because he is ready to come in next season.

ookhaab

Jun 8, 2016

Leads the USHL draft class in goals, you have to also remember this is his first year in NA sized rink.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Wonder why he went the North American route, anyone have any idea why, a problem with HIFK?

UNITEDSTATESOFHOCKEY

Jan 5, 2018
The top Finns prospect typically don't take that route. The CHL route is taken more often but still not that common.

Most stay or return to Finland more than anything... I think top NCAA programs are getting into the Euro market due to the competition involved for the top USA players and the frequency of kids switching their commitments... I think a Euro player is less likely to pull a switch like a lot of American kids are doing right now. Having said that, i think the secret is out on this player...

Dux917

Feb 22, 2018
Most stay or return to Finland more than anything... I think top NCAA programs are getting into the Euro market due to the competition involved for the top USA players and the frequency of kids switching their commitments... I think a Euro player is less likely to pull a switch like a lot of American kids are doing right now. Having said that, i think the secret is out on this player...

More Finns are taking the NCAA route every year - at least he gave himself some options by going USHL and not going directly to Major Junior. Have heard some top NCAA programs are recruiting him - Minn-Duluth, Providence, etc.

Kid can really score...

ookhaab

Jun 8, 2016

Looks like he really thrives on small ice, he could be one of the biggest draft year risers if he keeps this up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad