F Marcel Barinka - Halifax Mooseheads, QMJHL (2019 Draft)

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
Central Scouting put him as an Undraftee. If he were to gain some weight and play for a team willing to play him a full season maybe he had potential but other then that, that’s pretty dissapointing. Not sure if he’ll still commit to Halifax next season or not. He had a pretty decent start to the season but he just slowly didn’t become as good. Oh well let’s see what the future holds I guess!

jabes

Jul 3, 2013
Halifax, NS
Moosehead's season ticket holder here: I wouldn't draft him. There's potential there but at the same time there's definitely something off. The Moose have been CRIPPLED with injuries—I mean whole lines missing—and still he was scratched. In the playoffs we're playing our 8th D on the fourth line and scratching Barinka. Something just doesn't add up about the kid; he never lit it up but there were flashes of skill, and he could definitely do better than our 8th D. Stay away for now.
Seems like he has never had the trust of the coaches. Thought he had a few good games late in the season and started playing a bit more aggressively. He should have been given at least one game this playoffs, as I didn’t see a whole lot from Toner or Sansfacon when playing Forward. Maybe they were just looking for someone who can fill multiple roles and play a simple game. Anyway, will be interesting to watch him at u18 and if he comes back he should have plenty of ice time next season.

Reactions: EnglishJet

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
Seemed like more of the same this year. Any interest for the 2020 NHL Draft?
No. He seems to have this mental block where he doesn’t think the opposition is trying to score. Won’t take a body and won’t tie up a stick. I jokingly called his line with Senna Peeters and Sam Dube the minus line. He had numerous breakaways this year where he would just stop and look for for a teammate to pass the puck off. Nice kid but I’m not sure if winning or losing really matters. As long as he’s playing he seems happy. He was a much better player on the road than he was playing in Halifax.

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020
Now playing in Germany. Any news/updates?

Has he been confirmed for the U20 WJC or will he be with Kolner Haie when the DEL season starts?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->