F Lukas Reichel - Chicago Blackhawks, NHL (2020, 17th, CHI)

EHCler

May 9, 2003
Visit site
As Stützle and Peterka rightfully so have their own threads here, lets not forget the Lukas Reichel the third 2002 born forward who shows that he belongs in the DEL. 3 point in 5 games is a good start.

Lukas is the nephew of former Robert Reichel and son of former german national player Martin Reichel.

Talentwise very interesting player for the NHL.

Lukas Reichel at eliteprospects.com
He has grown size and weight info here seem a bit out of date.

German Article about him
Eisbären Berlin: Lukas Reichel - Im Fokus der NHL-Späher

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
He scored again today, his 4th goal of the season. (Still 9 minutes to go in the game)
What really baffles me about him is that he looks like another player breathing in his direction should knock him over, he is anything but a pushover.

His goal today was a great example of that. On the power play he held his own in front of the net, dug the puck free under pressure and then put it in the net while he was finally knocked to the ground.

This kid can definitely play. Not on Stützle's level, and he probably won't get there, but he could close the gap to Peterka.

In several recent drafts I could have seen him go in the 1st round, but this year the 2nd round may be as good as it gets. On the other hand he keeps getting better and might rise throughout the season.

EDIT: BTW with 4 goals I think he is now leading his team in that category.

PenDuhNotPittsburgh

May 13, 2017
Krefeld
on the DEL website his profile says he's 183cm tall. that's a whole 3 inches size difference to his eliteprospects profile...Do they just make that up or something?

Last edited:

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Reichel has another great game right now. Still 13 minutes to go in the third and Lukas has 2 assists.
His first assist was a bit lucky but also result of his quickness and hard work along the boards.
His second assist was a beauty pass showing his playmaking skill.

Apparently there are 5 NHL scouts in attendance.

FWF

Cheers
May 20, 2019
Prince George, BC
www.youtube.com
Sadly a minus 2 in today's game. I'm not jumping to conclusions, but how is Reichel's play in his own end. I recall from clips of him in U17 his PK didn't look too bad, I'm just curious on how it has been in the DEL.

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Sadly a minus 2 in today's game. I'm not jumping to conclusions, but how is Reichel's play in his own end. I recall from clips of him in U17 his PK didn't look too bad, I'm just curious on how it has been in the DEL.

From what I have seen so far, he looked okay defensively. Not an elite two-way player at this level (yet), but surely no liability, although there may be some issues with consistency for now.
He is also a bit sheltered playing with Maxim Lapierre, who is usually very responsible defensively.

krishiigonzalez

Jun 22, 2019
Berlin
Saw him today for the first time and must admit he is something special. Apart from the goal which was mostly because of a great setup by Lapierre he also missed a sure goal but he was by far the most creative player on the ice. His hockey IQ is beyond everything I saw here in Berlin and with a bit of conditioning he could be a real force in any NHL-team And the crazy thing is that he is 17 playing against established men.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
8 goals, 8 assists, 16 points in 24 games in the DEL this season.
+ scored 3 goals and 2 assists at the WJC for team Germany. - i think he looked good

Does anyone have any idea, 2nd round, 3rd round?. Anyone consider him as a 1st round pick?.

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
8 goals, 8 assists, 16 points in 24 games in the DEL this season.
+ scored 3 goals and 2 assists at the WJC for team Germany. - i think he looked good

Does anyone have any idea, 2nd round, 3rd round?. Anyone consider him as a 1st round pick?.

Difficult to say since I know very little about the other prospects that are considered from the late 1st to the 3rd round.
I can only compare him to the other German prospects from this and previous years. Based on that Reichel is slightly behind Peterka for me at the moment, but I have both at a similar level as Bokk who went 25th to the Blues in 2018. But I don't know how the 2018 draft depth compares to the 2020 draft depth.

Reactions: Ratatoskr

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad