F Liekit Reichle - GCK Lions U20, Swiss U20 (2021 draft)

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
I dont know much about him unfortunately and what I know is mostly secondhand knowledge. His name was thrown around two years ago as the best or at least most developed Swiss 03 prospect. He even played quite successfully for the u17 national team as an underager. Last year however his numbers seem to have stalled quite a bit, wich resulted in him losing some of his credit. This year he is of to a good start but the sample size is still very small so we probably have to wait and see if he can sustain it over the season. With his numbers so far and his size he should be a candidate for the Swiss WJC team though.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
He is sitting at 28 points in 17 games right now. He is massively outproducing Canonica (hovers arround ppg) who was/is considered the clearly better prospect. Even though the Swiss U20 league is nothing to write home about, I think his play should get him serious consideration for the Swiss WJC team. If he can keep his numbers up or even improve them he should also get drafted in the later rounds next year.

Reactions: JabbaJabba

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Still stands at about 1.7 PPG in the Swiss U20 league. Has also been able to play a few games in the second highest pro league in Switzerland (wich is for some reason called Swiss League), where he didnt record a point yet though. It has to be said however that he played only on the forth line there with very limited minutes. Hopefully the U18's will still happen this year as I am curious to see where Reichle stands internationally right now.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
There is nothing exceptional about his career. If he was that strong he would have played at WJC U20 or be good at the Seniors when he was almost 18. In comparison to Denis Malgin (Round 4 2015), he is very late.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
There is nothing exceptional about his career. If he was that strong he would have played at WJC U20 or be good at the Seniors when he was almost 18. In comparison to Denis Malgin (Round 4 2015), he is very late.

I never claimed this, but there are a lot uf non-exceptional prospects dicussed on this board. I still think he might have NHL potential down the road if he develops properly. Malgin is also not a good comparison though. He had some elite traits and could have been a first round pick if he wasnt so smal, frail and soft. Hes a very good hockey player but just not suited for the north american ice surfce and the physical play in the NHL. I also think Reichle should have been at the WJC or at the very least at camp. There were a few questionable roster decisions this year with the team and Reichle outscored a bunch of attending forwards this season.

Last edited:

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
I mean i see him undrafted 2021. I currently have 210 names in ma 2021 database that seem to me to have done more things

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
I guess we will see. Lack of exposure could very well cost him his late round pick chances. This is why it would be important that he could play at the U18s.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
I'm not questioning the fact that you're talking about him. I also think he is the best Swiss striker 2003. But I think his performance is currently insufficient on a world scale.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
I just revised my opinion after eliminating several players since my last comments.

He has his chances of being drafted but it will be at the end of the list.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Unfortunately not a great tournament for Reichle. He doesn't seem to have a standout skill and isnt a high engery player either in my opinion. Maybe he just had a bad tournament though who knows but he certainly didnt improve his draft stock lately...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad