RW Leevi Selänne - Curry College, NCAA III (2018 Undrafted)

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
( i just thought,..well, why not create a thread for Leevi, deserves it or not)

Position: Forward
Shoots: R
Height: 5 foot 11
Weight: 179 lbs
1st Draft Eligible Year: 2018 (undrafted)

Not sure will any of Teemu's kids ever become anything, but it seems (at least at the moment)
Leevi (the youngest) is the one who's got best odds.

Eemil (the oldest) lost his interest in hockey few years ago
Eetu (the middle) tries really hard, but he just is not good enough in the NCAA (at the moment).

---

After playing two years for u16&18 Junior Ducks, Leevi switched to play for Jokerit organization
and went to Finland, at the moment he plays in the Junior B Sm-Liiga.

18-19 | 1g+3a=4pts | 0.80 ppg

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
He played High School hockey in Sourthern California. Played against him last year in a Tournament. Solid mid level Midget AAA player but nothing special

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
It's pretty safe to say if you're 18 and playing in B-juniors (and not dominating) you're probably not going to make it to the big leagues. Even guys of his age who do well in A-juniors don't always get more than a look in Liiga.

Reactions: Habs76

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
19-20 season: Texas jr Brahmas, NA3HL | 25+27=52 (1.17 ppg) 152 pim, +43 |
- regular season has ended, March 13 game 1 of the play-offs for his team

152 penalty minutes thou.....a head scratcher, he, a Selänne, led his team in penalty minutes.....
thou led the team in goals (3 player tie) and was 4th in points, 4th in +/- as well.
- was 11th in pim in the entire NA3HL (gotta be 5 min fighting majors in that as well)

He was 55th in the league in points, 38th in goals.

PS. i have no idea what level of hockey they play there,
i know its a tier III junior hockey league, but that's about it.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Leevi is now 21 years old (2000 born), went undrafted (2018, 2019, 2020).

This season he scored 39 points in 39 games, for the same team and had almost 100 penalty minutes.
was +34 and added another 4 points in the play-offs, in 6 games, with 39 penalty minutes.
- in total of 91 NA3HL career games, Leevi totaled about 280 penalty minutes. (about 100 points).

For the next season, he goes to play for Curry College (NCAA III).

Asinine

yer opinion is wrong
Feb 28, 2013
Are, there any anger issues, with him(Leevi(the youngest son(of Teemu(Finnish NHL legend(who played the majority of his career with the Ducks(of Anaheim)(due to his high penalty minutes(playing for the Texas jr Brahmas(of the NA3HL(a tier 3(junior ice hockey league(that consists of teams from across the states, (Sanctioned by USA hockey(for most of the league's existence)))(btw is that your (real face?)

ForsbergForever

May 19, 2004
It's too bad neither he nor his older brother Eetu inherited their father's talent, it would have been pretty cool to see a second generation Selanne in the NHL. I'm sure Teemu is at least a little disappointed that his sons won't follow in his footsteps.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
It's too bad neither he nor his older brother Eetu inherited their father's talent, it would have been pretty cool to see a second generation Selanne in the NHL. I'm sure Teemu is at least a little disappointed that his sons won't follow in his footsteps.

True but Leevi is the most gifted of the 3 brothers, he could eventually even become a pro,
if not NA leagues, most likely Europe.

He has shown that he can score goals and that he can skate. But obviously he isn't Teemu, he is Leevi a player of his own kind.
Maybe he can carve a solid pro career for himself, who knows.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
True but Leevi is the most gifted of the 3 brothers, he could eventually even become a pro,
if not NA leagues, most likely Europe.

He has shown that he can score goals and that he can skate. But obviously he isn't Teemu, he is Leevi a player of his own kind.
Maybe he can carve a solid pro career for himself, who knows.
I think this is the Selanne that I got to play a couple times in high school against, he was very good he’d go on scoring tears quite often. He got lots of points with me on the ice lol. Our high school league wasn’t anything special but every once in a while there would be a guy or two who played in it a couple years before getting drafted, Ryan Johnson and Stanslav Denim both played a bit in the league, Ryan’s Dad also coached. Leevi was really good and I could see him working to some degree in hockey or a low or mid tier pro league maybe, but its weird how he seemed so good, often even better than Ryan Johnson was at the time yet he hasn’t really broken into any higher tier leagues since. Idk much about the NCAA 3 but I imagine it’s not really on par with the NCAA teams and Johnson has done so well there. Maybe he should have left home for better development leagues like Johnson did. I will say Johnson was good back then, but he has made a ton of improvement since

Last edited:
Reactions: 24 others

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad