F Juraj Slafkovsky - TPS, Finland U20 (2022 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

singlesliceofcheese

May 9, 2018
Byfield is 6'5, that's a substantial and unlikely growth spurt even at that age . Unless his father is around that height, then he may have a chance.
Most sources I could find list him at 6'4". I'm not saying he is, but that's the impression I was under. Anyhow, I don't think that Juraj growing a couple of inches and gaining ~10 lbs. is too outlandish for a kid that won't be draft eligible for another two years.

Reactions: firstafricanslovak

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Will he play for Slovakia U16 at the tournament in Belarus? Would be interesting to see him against Michkov, Miroshnichenko and some other Russian top 2004 guns.

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia

Big performance from Slafkovsky in this game, creating chance after chance. You can immediately see when he’s on the ice, he towers over a lot of players. Great passing and vision this game. And of course the powerful shot

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia

Big performance from Slafkovsky in this game, creating chance after chance. You can immediately see when he’s on the ice, he towers over a lot of players. Great passing and vision this game. And of course the powerful shot

I actually didn't love him a lot, I think, he wasn't that dominating. That Belarus kid, who scored 1+2, was even younger, than Slafkovsky. I'd never heard of him, and I loved him more.

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
I actually didn't love him a lot, I think, he wasn't that dominating. That Belarus kid, who scored 1+2, was even younger, than Slafkovsky. I'd never heard of him, and I loved him more.
Yeah belarrusians were pretty dirty the entire game, not surprising, lots of cheap shots. I thought Slafkovsky was pretty noticeable, as was Sotek. Mind you Nemec was not playing. To be honest if we had 10 million people we’d be much better than Belarus. They really should be better considering their population size.

Jabs102501

May 16, 2018
Yeah belarrusians were pretty dirty the entire game, not surprising, lots of cheap shots. I thought Slafkovsky was pretty noticeable, as was Sotek. Mind you Nemec was not playing. To be honest if we had 10 million people we’d be much better than Belarus. They really should be better considering their population size.
Belarus does have some good prospects though

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
I watched the game. I think he made some mistakes but who does not at this age.
But when having puck he was dominating, he has also great sense of play, the Belarusians had it very hard to take it away from him. And his wrist shot is insane.. Backchecking was also OK. I think the way he choose (Finnland) is suitable for him.
What is the name of that Belarusian guy? He was also very good. But who knows whether he would be so good when playing against 1 year older players.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I watched the game. I think he made some mistakes but who does not at this age.
But when having puck he was dominating, he has also great sense of play, the Belarusians had it very hard to take it away from him. And his wrist shot is insane.. Backchecking was also OK. I think the way he choose (Finnland) is suitable for him.
What is the name of that Belarusian guy? He was also very good. But who knows whether he would be so good when playing against 1 year older players.

Well, it happened they all didn't do anything vs Team Russia U16, which destroyed them all (19-1 in three games), despite being the youngest team at the tournament.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Well, it happened they all didn't do anything vs Team Russia U16, which destroyed them all (19-1 in three games), despite being the youngest team at the tournament.

Mighty Russia smash tis weak prospects!

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
About 30 times more, than Finlands'. Do Finns whine about it?
I am pretty sure that this Russian U16 team would crush the Finnish u16. Anyway, you can't compare Russia with Finland, but you can compare Russia with Slovakia - these countries are not that different in terms of infrastructure etc. so population might matter a bit more here.
Just wanted to clarify that. I don't think that population matters that much in hockey though.

Last edited:

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
I am pretty sure that this Russian U16 team would crush the Finnish u16. Anyway, you can't compare Russia with Finland, but you can compare Russia with Slovakia - these countries are not that different in terms of infrastructure etc. so population might matter a bit more here.
Just wanted to clarify that. I don't think that population matters that much in hockey though.
Usually, it doesn't happen

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
I don't believe they would "crush" Finns (at least in a constant basis, in one game anything can happen). It's not like Russia constantly crushes Finnish junior teams lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->