F Julius Nattinen - JYP, Liiga (2015, 59th, ANA; released)

ookhaab

Jun 8, 2016
Now at 10 goals in 7 games, has as many goals than the next teammate points. Has to get signed after this season, right?

Reactions: Ippenator

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Now at 10 goals in 7 games, has as many goals than the next teammate points. Has to get signed after this season, right?

I dunno.

Maybe NL's (and Sm-Liiga last season) level this season isn't very good.
I don't wanna get my hopes too high on him.

Scored almost 35 goals and about 60 points last season in the Sm-Liiga, not sure were there even interest from the NHL
or from the KHL, if there were, why did he chose the NL???.

He does have the most goals outside NHL, of all players in the top pro leagues last and this season counted for.
about 45 goals in about 60 games.

He has size (6 foot 2 / 210 lbs) and is strong thou, with and without the puck

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
I dunno.

Maybe NL's (and Sm-Liiga last season) level this season isn't very good.
I don't wanna get my hopes too high on him.

Scored almost 35 goals and about 60 points last season in the Sm-Liiga, not sure were there even interest from the NHL
or from the KHL, if there were, why did he chose the NL???.

He does have the most goals outside NHL, of all players in the top pro leagues last and this season counted for.
about 45 goals in about 60 games.

He has size and is strong thou, with and without the puck
6 foot 2 / 210 lbs

What? Covid maybe? He needed to play.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Odd question. Same reason every half-decent NL import chooses it? Same money and a better environment?

He probably doesnt nearly make the same money as he could in KHL. Ambri has probably the smallest budget in the league. The quality of live is among the best in the world though; especially the travel distances are probably the shortest in any league with no overnight trips whatsoever. Ambri also proved to be the perfect fit for a comparable player (Kubalik) to prepare himself for the NHL. Last years NL leader in points and goals, Pius Suter, who is also comparable to Nättinen age wise will also make the jump to the NHL this year.

Last edited:

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
He probably doesnt nearly make the same money as he could in KHL. Ambri has probably the smallest budget in the league.
Top KHL teams ceased to sign unproven guys from Liiga a long time ago. Teams that could have been realistically interested in him are Vityaz, Severstal, Sochi and Neftekhimik. Joining any others would be unlikely for one reason or another. I'm fairly convinced even Ambri can go toe to toe with those salary-wise.

Last edited:

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Top KHL teams ceased to sign unproven guys from Liiga a long time ago. Teams that could have been realistically interested in him are Vityaz, Severstal, Sochi and Severstal. Joining any others would be unlikely for one reason or another. I'm fairly convinced even Ambri can go toe to toe with those salary-wise.

Still even if you assume that Ambri could compete financially with those teams (wich I doubt), it still doesnt explain why he chose Ambri over other Swiss Clubs who could have paid more. This lets me think his arrangement with Ambri gives him something he couldn't find with the other clubs. Maybe he really liked the Coach, the system or the Idea that the whole offense of Ambri would revolve around him resulting in more points.

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
He specifically mentioned following Kubalik's path to the NHL when he signed with Ambri. Maybe he's trying to stay on that path as much as possible?

Reactions: Ippenator

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
12 goals this season now for Nättinen
Rest of the Ambri-Piotta team : 14 goals
- Nättinen 12 goals, next best has 3 goals, 2 with 2 goals, 7 players with 1 goal.

They are 8th in the league with a GD -16 | 2nd worst in the entire NL, Langnau has the worst; -18

Reactions: Pardus

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Only 4 players with more than 5 points. (Ambri-Piotta)
Fora (d) 7 points, Flynn (f) 9 points, Zwerger 15 points (f), Nättinen 17 points (f).

Last edited:

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
If Nättinen scores a hatty in his next game, then in his last 66 games, Julius has scored 50 goals - and 75 points.
- that gives him 0.76 goals per game and 1.14 points per game

BTW. it is super weird and un heard of to have your best goal scorer score almost 4 times the amount of goals what your 2nd best.
And score almost 50% of teams goal total

Reactions: Sinkkunaattori

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
Ambri scored 6 yesterday and I thought it quite strange Nattinen had none. Nice of him to let others score since he won't be the lineup next week as he has been called to play for Finland in the Channel One Cup

Also,

Last edited:

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020
Fourteen goals but just four assists and the team has won six of 18 games. Seems like there is something missing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad