F Julius Nattinen - JYP, Liiga (2015, 59th, ANA; released)

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
The rest of the team?

Definitely a possibility. And I'd imagine his age works in his favor. But 2nd round picks who have their contracts terminated after one season are rare. That generally takes quite a bit to get another shot (though players like Joonas Donskoi have eventually gotten second chances and been successful).

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
Hopefully nothing too serious

< Released with pain in the neck Nättinen was hospitalized for the necessary investigations >

edit: Update

< Julius Nättinen is still in hospital in Zug for tests, but for him he excluded fractures and concussion. More updates in the day, in all probability >

Last edited:

Son of Petter

Who wants to walk with Elias?
Jun 5, 2013
Kanata
33 goals and 22 assists in 54 Liiga games last year, 17 goals and 8 assists in 32 NLA games this year. Free agent this summer and has rejuvenated his game as a goal scoring winger, does he get an NHL contract?

SAS

Sep 29, 2017
I sure hope so. With the numbers he has put up, he deserves a shot. I would think Anaheim would be wise to consider him, amongst many other teams.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
33 goals and 22 assists in 54 Liiga games last year, 17 goals and 8 assists in 32 NLA games this year. Free agent this summer and has rejuvenated his game as a goal scoring winger, does he get an NHL contract?
14+4 in 18 in December. So 3+4 in 15 afterward. I don't know, seems to me it would be in his best interests to stay in Europe for at least another year. When you score 14 in one half of the season and 3 in the next you probably aren't the dominant goalscorer you would like to be quite yet.

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
14+4 in 18 in December. So 3+4 in 15 afterward. I don't know, seems to me it would be in his best interests to stay in Europe for at least another year. When you score 14 in one half of the season and 3 in the next you probably aren't the dominant goalscorer you would like to be quite yet.

He's not restricted to an ELC though so if a NHL team with money to burn offers him a 1-way contract I'd think he would be wise to sign even if the odds are slim that he could crack the NHL roster.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
He's not restricted to an ELC though so if a NHL team with money to burn offers him a 1-way contract I'd think he would be wise to sign even if the odds are slim that he could crack the NHL roster.
Ah, that is true. But I don't really think NHL teams would be interested in signing him on 1-way. Maybe though.

Reactions: barriers

Son of Petter

Who wants to walk with Elias?
Jun 5, 2013
Kanata
His Liiga numbers the year before last were pretty great too though. He’s with a gamble imo.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

I think it was injury related. So explainable. It's also not just his scoring. He's a big two way winger who can skate. Those players don't grow on trees.

Reactions: Stubu

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
If you have money to burn just get a better player.. Give someone like Okulov a signing bonus to his ELC, etc.
There are plenty of small-ish skilled winger/centers, big goal scorers are a rare breed, especially 24 year olds who have prior experience playing on smaller ice as well as dominating in European pro leagues, are able to play both center and wing and also have played bottom six roles.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
There are plenty of small-ish skilled winger/centers, big goal scorers are a rare breed, especially 24 year olds who have prior experience playing on smaller ice as well as dominating in European pro leagues, are able to play both center and wing and also have played bottom six roles.
I mean I would agree if he was actually as good as some people in this thread seem to advertise. The only league he has dominated is Liiga which doesn't mean much these days, he was never a serious contender for a Finnish NT and his season in Switzerland was very much hot and cold.

And sure, size might be useful but you have to be good first, big second. There have been plenty of Jaskins, Sekacs, Plotnikovs or Petrovs before whose size turned out to be not a factor.

I'm not saying that's impossible, maybe some GM does indeed like him so much, but blowing a 1-way contract for a player with such a resume seems kinda crazy.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I mean I would agree if he was actually as good as some people in this thread seem to advertise. The only league he has dominated is Liiga which doesn't mean much these days, he was never a serious contender for a Finnish NT and his season in Switzerland was very much hot and cold.

And sure, size might be useful but you have to be good first, big second. There have been plenty of Jaskins, Sekacs, Plotnikovs or Petrovs before whose size turned out to be not a factor.

I'm not saying that's impossible, maybe some GM does indeed like him so much, but blowing a 1-way contract for a player with such a resume seems kinda crazy.

He dominated the NL until that nasty neck injury he suffered.

Regarding your names I don't even know which Petrov you mean...Sekac could probably still play in the NHL if he wanted to...he chose to leave. Plotnikov and Jaskin can't skate.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015

He played in Finland’s NT last season, scored 17 goals and 25 points in 36 games in NL, and was absolutely dominating before the injury.

For life of me i will not understand why someone comes on a hockey forum to talk about a player he quite clearly hasn’t even seen the player play...

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
For life of me i will not understand why someone comes on a hockey forum to talk about a player he quite clearly hasn’t even seen the player play...
Because talking about it on a forum is a way to get information on the player I haven't seen play? Not rocket science.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Because talking about it on a forum is a way to get information on the player I haven't seen play? Not rocket science.
”If you have money to burn just get a better player..”

”I mean I would agree if he was actually as good as some people in this thread seem to advertise”

You sure do have a strong opinion on his play for someone who hasn’t seen him play.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
”If you have money to burn just get a better player..”

”I mean I would agree if he was actually as good as some people in this thread seem to advertise”

You sure do have a strong opinion on his play for someone who hasn’t seen him play.
Well, the first statement is true regardless, he definitely isn't the best player in the whole UFA market and the second isn't even giving an opinion, just expressing doubt which I think is perfectly reasonable when talking about an unproven player from Europe. I think such scepticism it's far more reasonable than being of the opinion he is some kind of sure thing worth a 1-way deal regardless of how many times have you seen him play.

I actually learned a few things during this conversation (like his injury and contract situations) while you seem to be upset over nothing, just because someone isn't fanboying over a certain player with you. For the life of me, I will not understand why someone comes to the discussion board with the expectation that people will blindly trust his opinion.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Well, the first statement is true regardless, he definitely isn't the best player in the whole UFA market and the second isn't even giving an opinion, just expressing doubt which I think is perfectly reasonable when talking about an unproven player from Europe. I think such scepticism it's far more reasonable than being of the opinion he is some kind of sure thing worth a 1-way deal regardless of how many times have you seen him play.

I actually learned a few things during this conversation (like his injury and contract situations) while you seem to be upset over nothing, just because someone isn't fanboying over a certain player with you. For the life of me, I will not understand why someone comes to the discussion board with the expectation that people will blindly trust his opinion.
So me saying you shouldn’t judge players ability or comment on players you’ve not seen play, is fanboying?

That’s idiotism at it’s finest.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
So me saying you shouldn’t judge players ability or comment on players you’ve not seen play, is fanboying? No, that’s idiotism at it’s finest.

Fixed it for you. If you are really too thick to understand this whole prospect section mostly exists (especially when it comes to European prospects) so that people who don't see these guys play could talk to those who do, god help you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad