LW Julian Lutz - EC RB Salzburg, ICEHL (2022, 43rd, ARI)

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
Impressive player, one of the better players on RB and at his age that’s impressive. In terms of overall judgement it can be hard to say that’s he’s the best 04 Playing in Czech leagues right now because a lot of the best 04’s are held back in the u16 age group which is a very good league this year. RB on the other hand plays their young players top minutes. I’m guessing he will play one more year in Czech u20 league and than see if he can to play in DEL for draft season

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
Another german top talent? I saw him in December played against Slovak 16, and he didn't seem special to me, he did not interest me. But maybe because Germany just defended the whole game and could not get out of defense. We will see, but it's good that another country is starting to produce talents regularly.

Sens72

Football Enthusiast
Aug 31, 2018
Canada
Finished the regular season with a points-per-game of 0.76 and went onto record 4 points in 8 games in the DHL SuperCup. Pure stat watching here I will admit, interested if anyone has any more thoughts on this guy. He's listed as a prospect for the 2022 draft on EP now so it seems he's at least been noticed by others.

Ovechkin962

Aug 25, 2010
I was looking at this guy and was wondering something. Guys like Stutzle, Reichel and more recently Haakon Hanelt all signed pro contracts in their draft year with the same organisation they played growing up. I don't know if thats a thing in Germany that you have to play for the team that developped you, but this guy has played in Salzburg for a while and they don't have a DEL team. Who owns his DEL rights if thats a thing?

Reactions: alexislafreniere

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
I was looking at this guy and was wondering something. Guys like Stutzle, Reichel and more recently Haakon Hanelt all signed pro contracts in their draft year with the same organisation they played growing up. I don't know if thats a thing in Germany that you have to play for the team that developped you, but this guy has played in Salzburg for a while and they don't have a DEL team. Who owns his DEL rights if thats a thing?
Probably RB Munich considering how the academy is structured.

Reactions: alexislafreniere

Halfdan

May 23, 2017
Hockey rink
There are no rights in Germany to a player as you know them in North America. The Basic Law guarantees all employees, and that includes the players, to be free to choose their profession, workplace and training school. A player can sign with any interested team.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
He is at a ppg right now with 4+2 in 6 gp in the Alps Hockey League playing with men. Seems like good production for his age

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Reactions: canucklax

canucklax

Feb 9, 2018
I think he should stay and try to make the DEL or go somewhere like Sweden to develop . Lots of viable options in Europe these days and German hockey is improving to the point where players can still develop properly through the German system
I agree, playing against men will benefit his development more, especially if he does float as some of the tweets mention. Pro hockey irons that out, junior doesnt

Reactions: pukovnik and wings5

Sens72

Football Enthusiast
Aug 31, 2018
Canada
Really finding his groove now with RB Salzburg II in the AlpsHL, 10 points in 9 games now.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
yeah. The richer teams are playing a pre season Cup 'Magenta Sport Cup' with a north and south group.

Nice, if Lutz can make the DEL team it would be an amazing accomplishment at 16 years of age. On the other hand , at his age I think it would be best he play some games with men for the experience but mostly play in a league where he can be the go to forward such as the AlpsHL, Czech u20 , or DNL league .

Sens72

Football Enthusiast
Aug 31, 2018
Canada
He’s been getting some ice time with Salzburg in the ICEHL now as well.

RB Hockey Academy U18
RB Hockey Juniors
EHC RB München
EC RB Salzburg

4 different leagues in one year for a prospect is pretty rare.

Reactions: wings5

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
He’s been getting some ice time with Salzburg in the ICEHL now as well.

RB Hockey Academy U18
RB Hockey Juniors
EHC RB München
EC RB Salzburg

4 different leagues in one year for a prospect is pretty rare.

Yeah and he's the youngest player in the ICEHL by two years. I was going to post about this earlier but I knew this thread would just get swallowed up by all the WJC prospects lol

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
How does the Red Bull "network" work. Do Munich and Salzburg have co-ownership of prospects that come up through the academy? Is Munich the "flagship" club since I figure the DEL is still ahead of the ICEHL?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad