F Jonathan Lekkerimaki - Orebro, SHL (2022, 15th, VAN)

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Lekkerimäki is a gem. He's got ieverything needed to become a very high end offensive player. Will remain a secret for now, snake bit like crazy at the Ivan Hlinka.

Reactions: Zaddy

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Didn't watch todays game but I really liked what I saw from him in the game against the US. Definitely seems like a late 1st, early 2nd round type guy as of now.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I like what I've seen. I think he's the second most talented of the Swedish forwards. A little undersized, but should be able to put up points in the NHL.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Has he got Finnish background? Like grandparents or something.

His fathers name is Peter Petri Mikael. So probably a Finnish or half Finnish dad and a Swedish mother. Not more Finnish than Zibanejad, who actually speaks Finnish and has a Finnish mom.

Reactions: Bijelo and Grantham

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
His fathers name is Peter Petri Mikael. So probably a Finnish or half Finnish dad and a Swedish mother. Not more Finnish than Zibanejad, who actually speaks Finnish and has a Finnish mom.
Yea I didn't mean he is Finnish in any way, his last name just sounds like someone who has Finnish background. Grown up in Sweden and totally Swedish. I was just curious.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
I didn’t watch today’s game which obviously was a good one for him but I thought he was the most dangerous offensive player for Sweden against Slovakia. Really good luck handler

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Leads the J20 Nationell in goals (8) and points (12) after 5 games. His linemates Ostlund (11) and Ohgren (9) aren't far behind.

Any chance we could see the trio at the WJC, perhaps together as Sweden's 4th line, or is that wishful thinking?

Reactions: Eye of Ra

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Any chance we could see the trio at the WJC, perhaps together as Sweden's 4th line, or is that wishful thinking?

Not realistic, but still could happen. Their only (likely) shot is if the team management select them to play in the 4-nation tournament held in November, in Sweden. Otherwise, assuming they are stuck playing U20 hockey, it will not happen. It is extremely rare that players not playing men's hockey make the U20 WJC team (not counting CHL guys, of course).

On the other hand, seeing how poorly the Swedish U20 team has played so far this season and the fact that the top 3 forwards are likely to miss the tournament (Raymond, Holtz, Eklund), they might want to try out new things.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Not realistic, but still could happen. Their only (likely) shot is if the team management select them to play in the 4-nation tournament held in November, in Sweden. Otherwise, assuming they are stuck playing U20 hockey, it will not happen. It is extremely rare that players not playing men's hockey make the U20 WJC team (not counting CHL guys, of course).

On the other hand, seeing how poorly the Swedish U20 team has played so far this season and the fact that the top 3 forwards are likely to miss the tournament (Raymond, Holtz, Eklund), they might want to try out new things.
Why do you say that? You think they'll be with their NHL teams?

Reactions: TwentyFive

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad