F John Jason Peterka - RB Hockey Akademie, Czech U-19 (2020, 34th, BUF)

Babula

May 31, 2012
Czech U-20 now. 2+3 in his first game against Kometa Brno.

Last edited:

Babula

May 31, 2012
at least 1+2 tonight. five minutes to go. Salz is in the lead 7-2 against Dukla (pukla) Jihlava.

Reactions: Tryamkin

Eyelanders

Jan 9, 2011
Watched him play for the German U16 national team against Finland last season, stood out with his skill and speed. This past preseason, Salzburg played at a tournament in Tampere, Finland and Peterka led all players in scoring (8 goals and 14 points in 4 GP).

Wiiings

Sep 6, 2018
There looks to be alot of promising players from that RB Salzburg team. It's becoming quite the academy.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Good player, fast and skilled. Needs to grow a bit, but the talent is there for sure. That being said I wouldn't overrate his numbers in the Czech U19 league. The quality of competition is suspect and the team he plays for (Salzburg) steamrolls through most of the opponents, resulting in huge point totals of Salzburg players.

Babula

May 31, 2012
Good player, fast and skilled. Needs to grow a bit, but the talent is there for sure. That being said I wouldn't overrate his numbers in the Czech U19 league. The quality of competition is suspect and the team he plays for (Salzburg) steamrolls through most of the opponents, resulting in huge point totals of Salzburg players.

you are right. but this is a two way deal, Salzburg needs tougher competition than the EBYSL is, and the Czech youths are in need of some really tough matches. Anyway, Salz has to prove they are real champion of the league. They have to beat teams from three more divisions at this time. We'll see in play off games.

Last edited:

Babula

May 31, 2012
Peterka with a goal today. Salzburg has lost their second match in a row on Czech trip.

Last edited:

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Peterka now stands at 93 points (44g 49a) in 46 games.
The second highest scorer in the league has 79 points and the second highest scorer on his team has 71 points.

I hope to see him play at a higher level next season.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
About his name, Slovenian last name (Peterka) and his first name, two part? John-Jason?.

Yet... he is a German playing for Red Bull sponsored Austrian based U19 team, which plays in the Czech U19 league,
joins Red Bull sponsored DEL league team next season, in German. - obviously this kid is sponsored by Red Bull,
still doesn't explain his name thou

PenDuhNotPittsburgh

May 13, 2017
Krefeld
About his name, Slovenian last name (Peterka) and his first name, two part? John-Jason?.

Yet... he is a German playing for Red Bull sponsored Austrian based U19 team, which plays in the Czech U19 league,
joins Red Bull sponsored DEL league team next season, in German. - obviously this kid is sponsored by Red Bull,
still doesn't explain his name thou

If he was from a state located in former east Germany the name would make sence, cause many east German gave their kids odd sounding English names, cause they wanted to be part of the western world. So names like John, Jason, Jordan, Brandon or something in that direction was more common there.
That said with him beeing from Munich. No idea what his falks were thinking^^

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
If he was from a state located in former east Germany the name would make sence, cause many east German gave their kids odd sounding English names, cause they wanted to be part of the western world. So names like John, Jason, Jordan, Brandon or something in that direction was more common there.

That was pretty much my thought.
Maybe they are huge slasher movie fans? :)

Reactions: Maverick41

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Recorded his first assist on a pass to Panther prospect Justin Schütz today in the CHL.

He got more ice time than in the first game (still under 10 min) and played pretty well. Aggressive on the forecheck and even faster than I expected him to be. Good vision and passing also. In many other drafts I would see him as a potential 1st rounder already. In this draft 2nd round may be as high as it gets, but who knows. The draft is still a long way away and Peterka has some intriguing skills.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

The history you find out is usually much more interesting than the player in the thread.

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Peterka faced off with fellow top prospect Tim Stützle tonight.

He got 8:46 minutes of ice time and for the most part he was invisible.
There were two notable exceptions. At least I think there were two. With the first one I am not entirely sure it was him and I haven't had a chance to look at it again.
I think it was him, who got leveled (and thus drew a penalty) by Mannheim defenseman Joonas Lehtivuori, because I believe it was a player with a cage who took that hit.
The other time he became very notable was when he scored a beautiful goal 1:15 before the end of the game to expand the lead for Munich to 6-2.
He made Janik Möser look real bad getting around him and then fired a laser of a wrist shot to the upper right corner beating Johan Gustafsson.

Other than that he never really had much of a chance to stand out, because most of the game was fairly disjointed.

Reactions: NotProkofievian

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad