F Joel L'Esperance (2013 Undrafted; Signed by DAL)

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
To those wondering why he hasnt gotten a call up: His style and game has been compared to McKenzie in that of a physical energy player who is producing at great rates in the AHL. Seeing as McKenzie was an AHL stud but an NHL scratch they might be hesitant to call him up (Tho we wont know until its tried). Other reason is according to L'Esperence himself he is not comfortable playing wing at the pro level right now. Seeing as in the NHL he would not get a C spot thanks to Seguin, Faksa, Dickinson, Spezza, Hintz all being better option and would be a liability at RW since he is stil learning that position at the AHL level there is just no room for him positionally right now.

However once the trade deadline dust settles or by the start of next season I think he would be a likely candidate to be our 4C with a chance to move up

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
2 goals and an assist tonight. Up to 22 goals in 37 games, 1 behind the league lead with 3 games in hand. Pretty impressive for the rookie (even though he's 23 years old but still)

Hope he gets called up. Stars could really use a goal scorer and maybe he could chip in

There is no hope . . . oh, wait.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Back up top leading everyone in the AHL in goals with his 25th of the season tonight.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
One of the most frustrating things about being a Stars fan is we won’t give this guy a shot because his offence might not translate. Meanwhile we have a guy like Brett Ritchie playing every night who’s offence didn’t translate, he’s slow as hell, and takes a penalty per game. Give him a chance Stars if he doesn’t fit after a few games send him down again.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
One of the most frustrating things about being a Stars fan is we won’t give this guy a shot because his offence might not translate. Meanwhile we have a guy like Brett Ritchie playing every night who’s offence didn’t translate, he’s slow as hell, and takes a penalty per game. Give him a chance Stars if he doesn’t fit after a few games send him down again.
Its been discussed already that the lack of call up is because he doesnt know how to play wing. Something Joel himself has stated. If we were to call him up it would have to be C or he would have to learn how to play wing. Seeing as he is killing it right now as a C he will stay there thanks to that being the best for Texas and since we have a glut of bottom 6 centers we dont really have a spot for him right now.

That being said if Faksa or Dickinson get moved as the NHL player in a trade for scoring help I think you see Joel get a call up nearly immediately becasue that opens up an every day C spot. His odds of a call up also go up next year with Spezza off the roster on top as of potential trades

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Its been discussed already that the lack of call up is because he doesnt know how to play wing. Something Joel himself has stated. If we were to call him up it would have to be C or he would have to learn how to play wing. Seeing as he is killing it right now as a C he will stay there thanks to that being the best for Texas and since we have a glut of bottom 6 centers we dont really have a spot for him right now.

That being said if Faksa or Dickinson get moved as the NHL player in a trade for scoring help I think you see Joel get a call up nearly immediately becasue that opens up an every day C spot. His odds of a call up also go up next year with Spezza off the roster on top as of potential trades

I still would like to see him have a shot this year and we could move Dickinson/Hintz/Spezza to wing for a couple of games. I get the backlog with him only playing one position, but most of our roster is comfortable playing centre or wing.

Reactions: Sticktape

RustedBlades

Jun 13, 2018
Lesperance played RW his first 3 years in college. I believe he can play wing just may be more comfortable at center. He also played wing a lot last season with the Texas Stars. Personally unless Dallas is going to give him a legitimate opportunity to play and be successful I would let him continue to develop in the AHL.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
The down part of this is he may not end up breaking the Texas Stars goal scoring record of 37, but I'm sure he'd much rather be up here than break that record sooo

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
I think his game will translate nicely this is exactly what the Stars need for depth but I have a sneaking suspicion he'll be packaged.

RustedBlades

Jun 13, 2018
I think his game will translate nicely this is exactly what the Stars need for depth but I have a sneaking suspicion he'll be packaged.

Unless he is lights out all week leading up to the trade deadline I don't know that he has a lot of "package value".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad