F Jeremy Wilmer- Boston Univ., NCAA (2021 undrafted)

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
I know it's very very early, but I think it's fun to try to project and see how he stacks up.

An 03 born from Long Island. Just committed to Boston University last week, and had interest from many big schools. Playing for the Long Island Gulls in the Atlantic Youth Bantam Hockey League, and also for Portledge High School, a private school on Long Island that's known in the area for hockey. Described as a high skilled smaller forward, but still plenty of time to grow.

EP Profile: Jeremy Wilmer

With Portledge, he has 39 points in 13 games, and just had a 9 point game.
With the Gulls he has 67 points in 19 games good for 3.52ppg, and while the AYBHL isn't the most well known bantam league in the US, it's still a good league. Alumni include Johnny Gaudreau, Daniel Sprong, Jeremy Bracco, Ivan Provorov, Adam Fox, Kevin LaBanc, Denis Smirnov, Marshall Warren, Robert Mastrosimone, Jason Siedem, etc So multiple high round picks/ NHLers, and guys on their way to being NHLers. And his scoring pace is blowing away every single one of them.

Jeremy Wilmer: 67p in 19g--3.52ppg
Denis Smirnov: 756p in 25g--3.04ppg
Jeremy Bracco: 75p in 28g--2.68ppg
Johnny Gaudreau: 62p in 26g--2.38ppg

Wilmer's pace is easily the best in league history, and looks like he could end around 100 points if he has roughly 10 games left. What's most impressive to is not just the scoring pace alone, but how it stacks up relative to the best all time seasons.

Eliteprospects.com - All-Time Stats and Leaders from AYBHL

Will be interesting to see where he plays next season.

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
Guy really? There are other 03's way better than this kid. Let him make his way to the USHL and see how he does.

Reactions: 99664987

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
So,....kinda slow here. Update is in order i think.
Jeremy Wilmer has pretty much dominated in every league so far in his young career.
- turned 15 not so long ago.

This season: on a 13 game point streak, at least 1 point in every game this season,
14 goals, 23 assists, 37 points (2.85 ppg)

North Jersey Avalanche 16u/u16 - Tier 1 Elite Hockey League / Atlantic Youth Hockey League
so he plays hockey at more higher level what last season.

Gotta remember, one Alex DeBrincat played in this same league (11-12) scoring 25 goals, 26 assists, 51 points in 40 games.

Jeremy Wilmer
Late birth day, wasn't eligible in the this year CHL bantam draft??? Interesting to see 2019 draft where he ends up (if/when he gets drafted)
He indeed is commited to the NCAA, 21-22 season, hope he gets drafted to one of the CHL leagues, so he can show what he really is made of in the 2019-2020 season.

Last edited:
Reactions: JiggsNY

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
So,....kinda slow here. Update is in order i think.
Jeremy Wilmer has pretty much dominated in every league so far in his young career.
- turned 15 not so long ago.

This season: on a 13 game point streak, at least 1 point in every game this season,
14 goals, 23 assists, 37 points (2.85 ppg)

North Jersey Avalanche 16u/u16 - Tier 1 Elite Hockey League / Atlantic Youth Hockey League
so he plays hockey at more higher level what last season.

Gotta remember, one Alex DeBrincat played in this same league (11-12) scoring 25 goals, 26 assists, 51 points in 40 games.

Jeremy Wilmer
Late birth day, wasn't eligible in the this year CHL bantam draft??? Interesting to see 2019 draft where he ends up (if/when he gets drafted)
He indeed is commited to the NCAA, 21-22 season, hope he gets drafted to one of the CHL leagues, so he can show what he really is made of in the 2019-2020 season.

Late birthday doesn't matter for CHL drafts. He's also not a "late" birthday in the traditional sense, post September 15th. His OHL draft is 2019.

Reactions: Artorius Horus T

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
His PPG is pretty impressive considering Stanges and Smilanic were at 1.8 and 1.6 respectively last year at 15. He's blowing those numbers and everybody else this year out of the water. There are so many teams and players in Tier 1 and Jersey Avalanche are absolutely stacked so I think a small grain of salt is required...that said, he's certainly transferred his scoring up the the next level this season and he's gone from a kid who was looking at ECAC schools to a prized recruit for BU who looks like he could be the next scoring sensation for the US team.

What his teammate Kaplan is doing (second highest scorer in the league behind Wilmer) is probably even more impressive - he's only 14 and already has impressive size (6'-1", 170 at age 14) that Wilmer will never have. I'm sure if he plays with Wilmer they benefit from each other but man - Kaplan looks like a kid to really watch for in the future.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
His PPG is pretty impressive considering Stanges and Smilanic were at 1.8 and 1.6 respectively last year at 15. He's blowing those numbers and everybody else this year out of the water. There are so many teams and players in Tier 1 and Jersey Avalanche are absolutely stacked so I think a small grain of salt is required...that said, he's certainly transferred his scoring up the the next level this season and he's gone from a kid who was looking at ECAC schools to a prized recruit for BU who looks like he could be the next scoring sensation for the US team.

What his teammate Kaplan is doing (second highest scorer in the league behind Wilmer) is probably even more impressive - he's only 14 and already has impressive size (6'-1", 170 at age 14) that Wilmer will never have. I'm sure if he plays with Wilmer they benefit from each other but man - Kaplan looks like a kid to really watch for in the future.

This is good point.

Its really good to see what happens to both of these players. It will take few years thou.

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
these posts will age well....
Yeah when i made the thread, i thought it was a bit harsh reaction for a kid that seemed to be a very promising, albeit it young prospect. But the last year has definitely cemented Wilmer as a top prospect for USA. Him and Kaplan both seem like special prospects as of now, will be exciting to see how they develop, the entire North Jersey team is filled with some really good players as well.
Wilmer must be one of a few locks among the 03s for next years NTDP.

Updated the title from LI Gulls to the North Jersey Avs

Reactions: AmericanDream

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Interesting to see how well he does in Portledge School, USHS-Prep again, compared to last season, expecting improvement.
13 games for North Jersey Avalanche, 14 goals 23 assists, 37 points.

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
Interesting to see how well he does in Portledge School, USHS-Prep again, compared to last season, expecting improvement.
13 games for North Jersey Avalanche, 14 goals 23 assists, 37 points.
Portledge has played 3 games so far. Wilmer has 14 points in those games. I have a feeling those portledge games for him are gonna be like a Rec league to him.

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
Thanx.

Could you give me a link to his stats? that be great, Eliteprospects is a bit slow on these things.
Yeah, its a bit annoying with Portledge's stats, but they tweeted this after the first 2 game

and then on their website they give a recap of the game but not full stats. But they mentioned Wilmer had 6 points vs La Salle.

Boys Hockey First Line Unstoppable in Philly

so 14 poitns total in 3 games. Hopefully EP or somewhere else will get consistent stats.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Yeah, its a bit annoying with Portledge's stats, but they tweeted this after the first 2 game

and then on their website they give a recap of the game but not full stats. But they mentioned Wilmer had 6 points vs La Salle.

so 14 poitns total in 3 games. Hopefully EP or somewhere else will get consistent stats.

Thanx.

Reactions: JiggsNY

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland

Do you have more info about him? - that be great - Eliteprospects is still sleeping

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
Updated stats:

AYHL: 21 GP, 26 goals, 32 assists, 58 points-- 2.76p/g
T1EHL: 21 GP, 19 goals, 33 assists, 52 points-- 2.47p/g

Total: 42 games, 45 goals, 65 assists, 110 points-- 2.62p/g

Reactions: Artorius Horus T

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Does anyone have the USHS-prep stats?, or is it included in those stats.
- about 2 wees ago, i requested info of him, first via twitter and after their (Portledge School) response
i contacted them via e-mail, no response, even thou they promised that they would.

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
What he is doing in the T1EHL as an under ager is impressive. I wish the boy luck.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
USDP 2019 - 2021, NCAA 2021-2022.
- it was super obvious that he'd play for the USA Hockey National Team Development Program next season
and play's there until he gets drafted to the NHL, if his development continues like this, not sure does he need the NCAA route.

BTW. Ottawa 67's drafted him in the OHL’s Priority Selection Draft - 163rd overall.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad