F Jaromir Pytlik - HC Vitkovice, Extraliga (2020, 99th, NJD)

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
Good luck to him! Was quite touted a while back, hope he continues to develop.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Had a few concerns of Pytlik, didn't expect him to transition as well as he has. Watch out to see how he finishes the year, he's gonna be a big riser once scouts see how well he can play over here.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Had a few concerns of Pytlik, didn't expect him to transition as well as he has. Watch out to see how he finishes the year, he's gonna be a big riser once scouts see how well he can play over here.

While the production wasn't necessarily there early, he's been very good right from the get go. Was just snake bitten and a little unlucky early on.

He's an impressive prospect. Proving to be an excellent support player right now for the Hounds. Drives the net hard. Gets himself in good scoring position. Skating ability is quite solid and when combined with his size and length, he's proving to be very difficult to stop in the offensive zone.

Reactions: HockeyPops

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
While the production wasn't necessarily there early, he's been very good right from the get go. Was just snake bitten and a little unlucky early on.

He's an impressive prospect. Proving to be an excellent support player right now for the Hounds. Drives the net hard. Gets himself in good scoring position. Skating ability is quite solid and when combined with his size and length, he's proving to be very difficult to stop in the offensive zone.
I think you misunderstood my post.
When watching him in the Extraliga, I could see some potential problems that worried me about his transition to the OHL. He's done very well.

Reactions: Brock

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018

Agree. He has very good size although doesn't play an overly physical game, but uses his size well to protect the puck and has very good reach with that long stick. He is adjusting very well to North American hockey. His late birthday will likely be a boon for his draft stock, as I believe next season we will really see him take those next steps and start driving the play on the first line.

DannyShock

Sep 17, 2018
CZE
It’s very bad decision for czech team, that Jaromir Pytlik will not play at U18 WJC in Umea/Ornskoldsvik. I mean, there are some disputes between Jaromir’s father and coach CZE U18 Hadamczik. Coach has his grandson in a team CZE (marcel barinka)

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
How does this player compare to Hayton in his draft year?

It feels like a natural comparison. Hayton was seen as a physically mature, pro-style center who played a complete game that was strong on details. I'm reading similar things about Pytlik. Is it a fair comparison?

Thoughts from Soo fans?

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
I would say now Pytliks looking more like a second or third rounder, instead of first rounder. Expected a bit more from him

Reactions: Czechboy

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Production not as expected, and from more exposure, his offensive upside doesn't appear to be as high as originally thought.
Ah. I haven’t been able to watch the games. From a stat line perspective, isn’t his production similar to Hayton’s in his draft year?

Mikey71

Apr 3, 2005
I would say Hayton plays a better 200' game. Also I think Hayton is closer to being a line driver, while Pytlik isn't as much. That said, I think Pytlik would really take off when paired with a line driver. Lastly, and knock as much, but respectfully Pytlik would not have played through what Hayton did in the WJHC. Not that many players would have.... I just don't think Hayton is a great comparison.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Ah. I haven’t been able to watch the games. From a stat line perspective, isn’t his production similar to Hayton’s in his draft year?

His production is also similar to Zacha, but its not all about stats, he hasn't looked as good as I was expected.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Drafted in the second round, 118th Overall in the 2018 CHL Import Draft, Jaromir Pytlik spent half of the 2018-19 season in the Czech Republic before joining the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds. Once he came over, he made an instant impact. Pytlik scored 11 goals and eight assists for 19 points in 26 games that year. He also added four goals and four assists for eight points in 11 playoff games. Pytlik has been even better this year. He put up 22 goals and 28 assists for 50 points in 56 games.

Pytlik represents the Czech Republic on the international stage. At the 2020 World Juniors, he scored one assist in five games. He had six points in 14 games for the Czech Under-20 team this year. He also played in the 2018 Hlinka-Gretzky Cup, captaining the team and picking up two points in four games. Overall he had four goals and 12 points in 15 games for the Czech Under-18 team that season. Pytlik played at the 2018 Under-18 World Championships, scoring two points in six games as an underage player. Pytlik also won a bronze medal at the 2017 Under-17 World Hockey Challenge. He scored two goals in the six-game tournament.

Here is our scouting report
https://lastwordonhockey.com/2020/05/14/jaromir-pytlik-scouting-report/

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad