LW Jan Mysak - Hamilton Bulldogs, OHL (2020, 48th, MTL, traded to ANA)

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Signed a four year contract with Litvinov. It seems likely he will start the season in the top 6 with PP time, considering that's where he played all the pre-season games. Impressive for a 16-years old.

Martin Hubner

Sep 6, 2018
Krnov
Signed a four year contract with Litvinov. It seems likely he will start the season in the top 6 with PP time, considering that's where he played all the pre-season games. Impressive for a 16-years old.
Maybe another Top prospect from Czech republic that can make it to Top 3 on the 2020 draft? He seems even better than Zadina. Hope so.

Wiiings

Sep 6, 2018
Sorry this might not be the right thread for this but does anyone have a list/ranking of Czech prospects to watch for the 2019 and 2020 drafts? I remember a really nice detailed one was posted for the 2018 draft.

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague
Maybe another Top prospect from Czech republic that can make it to Top 3 on the 2020 draft? He seems even better than Zadina. Hope so.
Possibly. Mysak is a centre, so he won't have the same disadvantage Zadina had. I am very curious how will Mysak do in Extraliga. Since 04/05 the best U17 perfomers have been Zacha (38GP 4+4) and Frolik (27GP 3+1).

Sorry this might not be the right thread for this but does anyone have a list/ranking of Czech prospects to watch for the 2019 and 2020 drafts? I remember a really nice detailed one was posted for the 2018 draft.
Assuming you mean the one I did for the 2018 draft - I was planning on making a 2019 draft ranking, but my knowledge on that group is not as deep as I would want it to be in order to make any public ranking. I can tell you Teply and Has are the top Czechs, despite still flying under the radar. Lang, Barinka and Prikryl are some other interesting prospects.
I will definitely make a ranking for the 2020 class though.

Reactions: norma and Goodman68

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague
First point - assist
Mysak is the only reason that keeps Extraliga somewhat interesting. All the teams ice veteran-heavy squads with next to none juniors. Dull and boring. Anyway great to see Mysak with his 1st point, hopefully first of many.

Martin Hubner

Sep 6, 2018
Krnov
Mysak is the only reason that keeps Extraliga somewhat interesting. All the teams ice veteran-heavy squads with next to none juniors. Dull and boring. Anyway great to see Mysak with his 1st point, hopefully first of many.
Yeah, i would like to see more juniors play there aswell. Like, today played only 4 juniors players. (Mysak, Teply, Hladonik and Pytlik). And Pytlik wasnt even on the ice. That annoys me, he is great talent, he deserves to play at least on the 3rd line. But, in my opinion, extraliga is still very interesting.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague

This kid looks to be the real deal.

He is the real deal. Love the enthusiasm after that goal. I wish every young prospect got the luxury Necas got/Mysak is getting. Playing in the top 6 with quality veterans, that's the how you develop the top talents. Instead I see the top '01 forwards Teply and Pytlik on the fourth line, 13th forward position respectively.
Anyway, I wonder whether WJC may be a possibilty for Mysak? Probably getting a bit of ahead myself though.

Voodoozz

Czechmate
Feb 22, 2016
Pilsen
www.youtube.com
Yeah i feel like these kids would get a priceless experience if they were given more ice-time. I was kind of dissapointed when i read Filip Prikryl would head overseas, pretty sure the Pilsen coaches were ready to give him an opportunity in the top 9 role...

Martin Hubner

Sep 6, 2018
Krnov
He is the real deal. Love the enthusiasm after that goal. I wish every young prospect got the luxury Necas got/Mysak is getting. Playing in the top 6 with quality veterans, that'svthat's the how you develop the top talents. Instead I see the top '01 forwards Teply and Pytlik on the fourth line, 13th forward position respectively.
Anyway, I wonder whether WJC may be a possibilty for Mysak? Probably getting a bit of ahead myself though.
If he is gonna continue like that, then i think that Varada shouldnt pass him, like how many players do we have who are playing in extraliga atleast 13 minutes per game? Galvas? Hladonik maybe? (And when was the last time we had someone like him?)

I dont understand what the coaches are thinking, whats the reason to have a guy like Pytlik as a 13th forward? Its even more sad, that the coach is Jakub Petr, former U20 NT head coach who said, like any other u20 former coach, that the young guys need to play, and now what does he do? Giving a young guy 3:00 TOI. Same with Teplý. now Jenik is coming back to Liberec, so i am looking forward how much TOI he will get.

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague
Yeah i feel like these kids would get a priceless experience if they were given more ice-time. I was kind of dissapointed when i read Filip Prikryl would head overseas, pretty sure the Pilsen coaches were ready to give him an opportunity in the top 9 role...
I am not sure Prikryl is ready for senior hockey. He is physically underdeveloped. Though I was surprised when he chose the QMJHL over the oppurtunity to battle for an Extraliga spot.

If he is gonna continue like that, then i think that Varada shouldnt pass him, like how many players do we have who are playing in extraliga atleast 13 minutes per game? Galvas? Hladonik maybe? (And when was the last time we had someone like him?)

I dont understand what the coaches are thinking, whats the reason to have a guy like Pytlik as a 13th forward? Its even more sad, that the coach is Jakub Petr, former U20 NT head coach who said, like any other u20 former coach, that the young guys need to play, and now what does he do? Giving a young guy 3:00 TOI. Same with Teplý. now Jenik is coming back to Liberec, so i am looking forward how much TOI he will get.
Taking an U18 player who needs to play as much as possible for the 13th forward spot is just a sad, sad decision. They should just loan him to the Chance league. I wonder if moving to the OHL is a possibility for Pytlik.
Teply is listed on the 4th line, on average he plays around 8 minutes a game I think. Not ideal by any means, but it could be worse.

PeterCheater

Feb 22, 2014
Looks like a potential elite prospect - amazing production (best PPG U16 ever, now serious shot to score the most points by U17 in last 25 years considering his role), great skating and overall play.

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague
Mysak with a strong game today, no points, but 5 SOG. A bit more luck and he could have potted a couple. He looks pretty confident for a 16 year old in men league, not afraid to challenge opponent's defensemen. I can't wait to see him at the U17 Challenge, he should be dominant there.

Martin Hubner

Sep 6, 2018
Krnov
Mysak with a strong game today, no points, but 5 SOG. A bit more luck and he could have potted a couple. He looks pretty confident for a 16 year old in men league, not afraid to challenge opponent's defensemen. I can't wait to see him at the U17 Challenge, he should be dominant there.
Hmmm, it seems that there is a good chance to make team at WJC. Looking forward how it goes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad