F Jamieson Rees (2019, 44th, CAR; traded to OTT)

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
One of only for OHLers to make the U17 team.

I agree, looking for a strong year from him provided he can stay healthy

Haanz

Mar 2, 2013
I’m a big fan as well. Definitely expect him to be a riser.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Didn’t realize he finally returned to action. Wouldn’t be surprised if he can go on a little tear once he gets back up to speed.

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

i love hockey

Dec 30, 2018
Rees has been on a role since returning from injury Nov 29th,and in my mind has rocketed up the draft chart.He is up for voting for goal of the week for the second week in a row across the CHL.He is more than a point a game player and had another strong game today scoring a goal and an assist and was named 3rd star against London.He is a player to watch at the CHL showcase game for the top 40 prospects from Canada in Alberta later this month.

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
For a supposed weak year for the OHL, it’s interesting to see Tomasino, Robertson, and Rees (and maybe Constantinou) making strong pushes for the first round, while Suzuki, McMichael, Kaliyev, and Harley solidify top-20 spots. It would be pretty funny if, after all is said and done, the OHL ends up producing the most first rounders of any league.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
For a supposed weak year for the OHL, it’s interesting to see Tomasino, Robertson, and Rees (and maybe Constantinou) making strong pushes for the first round, while Suzuki, McMichael, Kaliyev, and Harley solidify top-20 spots. It would be pretty funny if, after all is said and done, the OHL ends up producing the most first rounders of any league.

I think the WHL is going to own the top 10 and first round this year. When people say a down year for the OHL it is more a lack of top end talent. I don’t think they will have a guy that goes top 10, and maybe not even top 15. Suzuki has been disappointing, I think on pure talent he’s a top 10 guy but he has not supported that with his play like I had hoped.

I’m fine with Tomasino and Rees being undervalued, I hope my team gets then early in round 2 :)

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
"

Good chance he misses a good portion of the remainder of the season suspended after this blind side check to the head monday.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Has been the most pleasant surprise of the Canadian U-18's so far. Scored a really important goal in the opening game. As Craig Button said, he's been the catalyst, shorthanded goal against Finland to start the comeback and then the player of the game today. Great skater, very tenacious. I could see him being a late 1st. His injuries have hurt his draft stock.

Last edited:

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Currently in my first round and would probably be in a lot of first rounds if he played more games. Could play anywhere in the lineup and in any situation. Has a high ceiling too

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Most impressive Canadian forward so far imo. Has made a statement and an impact every game. For a kid that has been mostly projected to go mid 2nd to late 3rd in the draft , I think he's upstaged some of the bigger names up front so far at the U18s. Small sample granted.
Ranked 30 NA skaters by central. Not in many 1st rounds of the Internet ranking services.
Not sure if he'll jump into the 1st . At this point I'd be very interested in him at #32. I love the way he plays.

Reactions: Numz

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Has been the most pleasant surprise of the Canadian U-18's so far. Scored a really important goal in the opening game. As Craig Button said, he's been the catalyst, shorthanded goal against Finland to start the comeback and then the player of the game today. Great skater, very tenacious. I could see him being a late 1st. His injuries have hurt his draft stock.

Love Rees. He has long been one of my favourites in this Ontario age group. I've consistently had him ranked highly this year.

However...his durability is a serious concern to scouts. Two major injuries in two years. He's not a big guy, but he's so tenacious.

Scouts said the same things about Robby Fabbri in his draft year (He and Rees are similar types of players) and look at the difficulty he has had staying healthy.

As much as I love Rees, I just don't see an NHL team using a first on him with those concerns.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Love Rees. He has long been one of my favourites in this Ontario age group. I've consistently had him ranked highly this year.

However...his durability is a serious concern to scouts. Two major injuries in two years. He's not a big guy, but he's so tenacious.

Scouts said the same things about Robby Fabbri in his draft year (He and Rees are similar types of players) and look at the difficulty he has had staying healthy.

As much as I love Rees, I just don't see an NHL team using a first on him with those concerns.

What were his injuries?

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Two high ankle sprains last year. And a lacerated kidney this year.

Have to feel that the lacerated kidney is the result of a freak accident - the kind of injury that can happen to any player. He seems to have overcome the ankle worries. We'll see - does feel to me that after the top 15 there is a big drop-off in talent levels and that alone could elevate him. Regardless, if he stays healthy he has a promising future.

Reactions: NotProkofievian

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Have to feel that the lacerated kidney is the result of a freak accident - the kind of injury that can happen to any player. He seems to have overcome the ankle worries. We'll see - does feel to me that after the top 15 there is a big drop-off in talent levels and that alone could elevate him. Regardless, if he stays healthy he has a promising future.

I agree, I'm not so concerned about this injury history. It's not concussions or consecutive MCL tears.

He's been very impressive so far in this tournament.

Reactions: atrud66

thelittlecoon

ELIAS PETTERSSON
Jun 19, 2017
Vancouver
Good speed, offensive awareness and really strong on the puck. He's been a beast for Canada, easily one of their best players. I'm expecting a team to take him in the first round.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dominance

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad