Confirmed with Link: F Jack Dugan acquired from NJ in exchange for D Zach Hayes

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
ehh. Hayes wasnt much more than a depth add when we had injuries. Dugan is a pending RFA.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
former Golden Knight legend for Golden Knight legend.

also wonder if this signals an incoming Morrow signing. Wolves now have only 7 D on the roster, two of which are on AHL deals.
This was my thinking as well. Unless they're trying to load up on forward depth for a AHL playoff push, not sure why else you'd do this now for a guy who is going to be a FA at year's end

Reactions: DaveG

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Like this move a lot. I think Dugan is at the point in his career where he's going to have to earn his way back up the depth chart and he will probably get TONS of icetime in Chicago as a veteran and on the PP to get his game trending in the right direction. Vegas was high on this kid not long ago for what he did at Providence. 52 points in 34 games and went on the next year to have 30 points in 30 odd games in the AHL. Questions about goal scoring ability for sure, but the playmaking is sound. Reminds me a little of Jeremy Bracco. Not a lot of good things about his skating but at this level it won't matter.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
What in the world

Dugan has the size & talent to be a legit top 6 winger in the NHL. Injuries completely derailed his pro career the past couple of seasons, but I think if he's re-signed & brought in to camp next year he could really surprise.

Also may have some attitude issues, but then again, don't we all?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad