F Jack Devine - University of Denver, NCAA (2022, 221st, FLA)

HC7

May 2, 2018
Can you not wait until the 2020 draft in a couple days before spamming the whole board with 2021/2022 prospects? They're not going anywhere, and there's no valuable discussion at this stage either.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He’s rather average. He’ll be drafted but I think more of a round 2-3 talent, if even that, than a first round talent. I think a lot of these early rankings have him ranked high do so because he’s a late birthday NTDP player. He’s not that good though. He’s a bottom half of the roster prospect from his NTDP age group. Being a late birthday and getting an extra draft on some of those guys doesn’t alone make you a first round caliber prospect, but he has time to improve and I don’t work for an NHL team, so I wouldn’t rule out that he’s a first round pick eventually.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
An update because I saw him play yesterday.

He looks improved this season. More impactful. He plays hard, quick decisions, he has quality hockey sense, but I don't know about the puck game. It's very average, and that might be generous.

Reactions: Artorius Horus T

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
His skating is a definite issue, in my opinion. He has a great work-ethic on ice, so that makes up for it, but I think he's a below average skater.

And he looks much bigger now than his listed height/weight. Maybe it's a lot of muscle and I'm wrong about his height, but I would guess he's 6'1/6'2 190+ now.

In general though, I question if he's actually good at hockey. If people really like this guy's game and think he's an eventual first rounder, count me out. I just don't see it.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I am a notable skeptic, but the guy has 2+11=13 points in 19 games as a draft eligible playing in college hockey. That has to count for something.

Reactions: BKarchitect

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Seems as if his play last season would have merited more discussion.

Are his numbers merely the product of playing for a top program against inferior opposition or does he have legitimate potential as an NHL prospect?

ScottyMascotty

Dec 24, 2017
St. Petersburg
He might be the most underrated prospect in hockey right now

1699128059796.png

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Kind of funny looking at some of the earlier posts on here.

Are the big numbers he's putting up merely the result of playing on a dominant team or does he have the ability to produce like this in pro hockey?

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Now leading the NCAA in points with 38 after 2 goals and 3 assists tonight.

Is Florida going to sign him as soon as his season ends? I am guessing that will be the case. Could be the 3rd line RW they need...

Reactions: Northerner

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad