I've seen some rankings where Miro is ranked 4th

1. Savoie
2. Lambert
3. Wright
4. Miroschichenko

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
2nd 3+1 game in a row for Ivan. His skating and shooting are things of beauty. Him and Michkov are so different. One is a puck control genius, who can outstickhandle the whole five in the phone booth, and Miroshnichenko is fast, powerfull and has such a good shot. Kovalchuk will probably be the closest thing, if you wanna compare Ivan to a star player.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He reminds me a little of what people thought Wahlstrom was when they were ranking him in the 5-10 range for the 2018 draft. Miroshnichenko has a great shot with size and wheels. The rest of his game also looks at least average in most areas and maybe even above-average in a few other areas.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
This guy reminds me of Ilya Kovalchuk back at this age...I think he will be mentioned with Wright, Lambert and Savoie….this guy is fast, strong and has a great shot, he creates well at high speed and always seems to find open ice, his ability to put the puck in the net with his great array of shots that he gets off fast is probably the best for his age IMO.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Watched Russia vs Sweden U17 earlier today, and the kid looked like the best Russian player, who created a scoring chance by a scoring chance just by himself. He looked more mature, than his teammates, who were 1 year older, than him, and it's the team, that won WHC 17.

Now I think, what a point to play Michkov on U16 team, if he could be the best player on U17 one?

vvann

Jan 29, 2020
Considering what U16 coach Filatov said to SportExpress yesterday Michkov and Miroshnichenko are better off without each other for now. They both want to be number one. Also that way Filatov doesn't have to lose both of them/

Last edited:
Reactions: LickTheEnvelope

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
1+1 today playing for the U17's. I wonder if there's a chance if he could be promoted to play for the U18's by the end of the season.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I like him more than Michkov because of his style that looks more scalable. And his shot is already good enough for professional player, when Michkov’s look average or even below.

Michkov's release is very fast, deceptive and precise, it's oftenly more important, than a powerful laser, especially when you are around the goals, and Michkov's stickhandling is probably on three another levels, than Miroshnichenko's, despite Ivan is a very good stickhandler, it's just Michkov is going to be top5 (or even better) ever.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Different players. I like both. Michkov is going to get more hype because he’s flashier and is a 2023 draft eligible, but I’m not convinced Michkov will be a better player. Miroshnichenko game looks tailor-made to be an impact player in pro hockey. I think he’s one of the most under-discussed players in the 2022 draft right now.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Would be a huge coup for Muskegon and the USHL if he does in fact report. It's presented as if it's a done deal but you never know. Muskegon has been very successful luring Russian players.
“I am very pleased to have signed a tender agreement with the Muskegon Lumberjacks,” Miroshnichenko said. “I’ve been following this organization since Andrei Svechnikov started playing for Muskegon. My dream is to follow Andrei’s path to the NHL, and to do that I will have to have a great season in Muskegon. I look forward to meeting the coaching staff, players, and people of Muskegon who are famous for their hospitality.”

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
He’s going to be up against the odds now. Most of them are not like Svechnikov and can’t overcome their decision to move to NA so early. Will Miroshnichenko be able to overcome what many elite level Russian forward prospects couldn’t?

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
absolutely can't wait to see him stateside next year. USHL shaping up to be a pretty cool league with a ton of young talent

I hope the USHL gets more aggressive recruiting players that will be one-and-done like Ivan. Who cares if the players leave after a year for the CHL? It's good for the league regardless. Better competition, better media coverage, better recruiting.

Would Miroshnichenko even be considering the USHL had they not landed Svechnikov for a year? I wish they'd aggressively recruit Canadian players that want/need an extra year of development before heading to the CHL.

Reactions: wetcoast

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
I hope the USHL gets more aggressive recruiting players that will be one-and-done like Ivan. Who cares if the players leave after a year for the CHL? It's good for the league regardless. Better competition, better media coverage, better recruiting.

Would Miroshnichenko even be considering the USHL had they not landed Svechnikov for a year? I wish they'd aggressively recruit Canadian players that want/need an extra year of development before heading to the CHL.
couldn't agree more but I don't know how the USHL front offices in the aggregate feel about being a 'feeder' league for the CHL. as long as it helps your team win and the league gets more competitive/coverage, who cares though

Reactions: William H Bonney

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad