F Ivan Miroshnichenko (2022, 20th, WSH)

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
He hasn't been playing for 7 months already and at the age, when every month matters. Yeah, looks very wise and elaborate.

There are so many prospects right now losing out on essential playing time and development. Very curious to see what the outcomes will be.

Reactions: wetcoast

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
No one can say that for sure about Michkov , there is always that chance these days. Muskegon also has had several Russians report there over the past few years including A. Svechnikov . Chances are higher that Miroshnichenko either shares an agent with those Russian players, knows some of them and has talked to them about the Lumberjacks organization and/or just wanted to get out of Russia. Either way, he's not there right now though, so who knows where he is or what he's doing.
Fair enough I guess you’re right. I just have a hard time seeing a player such as Michkov who I think almost as soon as next season could be getting KHL games coming to major Junior in NA. Impossible to say for sure.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Fair enough I guess you’re right. I just have a hard time seeing a player such as Michkov who I think almost as soon as next season could be getting KHL games coming to major Junior in NA. Impossible to say for sure.

Yes well Michkov is still very young so mistakes can be made as happened with Grigorenko, Sokolov , Kabanov and many others. He will know beforehand about the prestige of the CHL and he will be contacted by CHL teams and the Chicago Steel early before the next KHL season starts. If he believes he won't see much KHL time he could make the decision to leave, especially knowing that SKA isn't an easy team to crack and get ice time for a young player. I really hope he remains patient and stays though.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don’t think I’d ever suggest a player like this should play NA juniors, but even if I had no problem with it, I don’t see how it makes any point for him to keep waiting. If he’s not allowed in the USA yet, why will he be within a few months? Play out the rest of the season in the MHL, and reevaluate your options in the summer. Missing 1/3 of a season isn’t catastrophic for player development, but when you start missing full seasons, that becomes highly problematic.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
I don’t think I’d ever suggest a player like this should play NA juniors, but even if I had no problem with it, I don’t see how it makes any point for him to keep waiting. If he’s not allowed in the USA yet, why will he be within a few months? Play out the rest of the season in the MHL, and reevaluate your options in the summer. Missing 1/3 of a season isn’t catastrophic for player development, but when you start missing full seasons, that becomes highly problematic.
He surely needs to play somewhere.

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020
I heard rumors that Miroshnichenko could go to Omskie Yastreby. Any news?

Tenkkapoo

Jul 28, 2020
Yes. Per reports he is training at Avangard´s Academy in Omsk. His transfer from Vityaz to Avangard is in a stage of paperwork.
Fabulous news if true! This guy needs to stay in Russia for at least three more full seasons.

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020
With all these battles between Krylov x Rotenberg, after Michkov signed a 5-year contract with SKA will we see Miroshnichenko signing a contract similar to Avengard?

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
With all these battles between Krylov x Rotenberg, after Michkov signed a 5-year contract with SKA will we see Miroshnichenko signing a contract similar to Avengard?
All we know is that he is training at Avangard Hockey Academy in Omsk. The paperwork needs to be done because he (KHL rights) belongs to Vityaz who does not agree with financial compensation. When done, I am sure he will sign a longer deal with Avangard, but I am not sure it will be a five-year deal.

Reactions: JotAlan

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020
I don't understand why the hype about Miro is so small. Talent is insane. I can't see him out of the top 5. And, in my opinion, he's only after Wright. And it's head to head with Lambert and Savoie. I wouldn't be surprised if he was drafted in second. The problem is that he has not played for so long, it can hinder his development

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
I don't understand why the hype about Miro is so small. Talent is insane. I can't see him out of the top 5. And, in my opinion, he's only after Wright. And it's head to head with Lambert and Savoie. I wouldn't be surprised if he was drafted in second. The problem is that he has not played for so long, it can hinder his development

The answer to your first question is in the second bolded phrase, you answered it yourself . It's the same reason all other prospects currently not playing aren't being talked about.

Reactions: JotAlan

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
He needs to start playing. Should go to Russia to play and then once it's possible to play in North America - come back.

The Russian development system is weird for young players that are too good for their age group. No ice time at higher levels.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
He needs to start playing. Should go to Russia to play and then once it's possible to play in North America - come back.

The Russian development system is weird for young players that are too good for their age group. No ice time at higher levels.

Absolutely not

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado

He's still in Russia, otherwise he'd be playing in the USHL as Muskegon has already played 12 games this season.

Last edited:

bagsw

Apr 17, 2016
Saint Petersburg, Russia
Oh my mistake. Why isn't he playing games so far in Russia?
Avangard and FHR (like Hockey Russia) are having legal troubles with his contract. There are rumours that Rotenberg, who is person number one in Russian hockey and in SKA, wants him to play in SKA. But I doubt that it is true, because it would be to much to act that dirty for him.

Currently he pratices with Avangard's junior team Omskiye Yastreby, but has no contract.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->