F Ivan Miroshnichenko (2022, 20th, WSH)

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
What are you even talking about Goldobins only joined the National team after playing in NA and his issues are motivation. Okay he did play in one tournament the Hlinka and here is thaat team.

Russia U18 at eliteprospects.com

If we look at the National team he did play on it is not like the guys who did not come to NA became superstars either.

This is what you are missing, is that most prospects do not reach their potential no matter where they develop.

Citing one guy who does make it, in Panarin, does not change that fact.

Andrei Svechnikov BTW is a budding superstar and Rod Brind'Amour is helping to develop him very nicely.

FYI, Goldobin played some on the U17 NT before he left for NA.

But I agree most prospects don't reach their potential. That said, although things are never back and white, it is important to look at development trends. As an entirety Russian forwards develop better in Russia; not only as it pertains to reaching the NHL, but also becoming more productive KHLers. This is not difficult to track, especially if comparing our prospective top-tier forwards (of individuals age groups) against eachother.

Of course leaving early for NA is never a 'development death sentence' like some people say it is. Our players have the ability to develop there. However, it's more akin to taking an unnecessary risk.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
This poster’s ludicrous Svechnikov development take has been repeated several times on these boards. Don’t let it ruffle your feathers. Kid is turning into one of the game’s best players through North American development and everyone knows it. Doesn’t mean he couldn’t have achieved the same in Russia with the right support.

Miroshnichenko is an incredible talent and will likely be a top 5 pick in the draft. I think he stays overseas.

Does not mean you are right and I am wrong. I mostly make the right predictions, but my opinions scratch the cosy world of a North American the wrong way. Nuff' said for me. People who can't live with opinions they don't want to hear are doomed to follow dumb hypes, stereotypes and mistakes of others.

As for Miroshnichenko, it is waaaaay to early to reserve a top5 pick for him.

Reactions: blasted

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
What are you even talking about Goldobins only joined the National team after playing in NA and his issues are motivation. Okay he did play in one tournament the Hlinka and here is thaat team.

Russia U18 at eliteprospects.com

If we look at the National team he did play on it is not like the guys who did not come to NA became superstars either.

This is what you are missing, is that most prospects do not reach their potential no matter where they develop.

Citing one guy who does make it, in Panarin, does not change that fact.

Andrei Svechnikov BTW is a budding superstar and Rod Brind'Amour is helping to develop him very nicely.
Sigh...

It's not about when or why a player joined the NT. It's about what kind of prospect he is/was. Just to leave out the ones who aren't close to NT level.

And it's not about what issues he might have. It's about the end result. The end result is he could not stick in the NHL. Now officically after I was told year after yerar that he is close, so close...

Out of 5 guys on that team that were considered top level forward prospects who could make the NH one day 4 have taken the NA path(that's basically also the year when that stupididty of young Russians starteted to hit peak numbers). One of them succeeded, 3 failed. The one guy who stayed in Russia is the best player(and NHLer) out of the group now.

And again, junior NT players aren't locks to become superstars, otherwise there would be 50 new superstars every year. But it is safe to assume that the top 3-6 forwards from top teams each year have a shot at least at becoming NHL regulars.

A.Svechnikov is a budding something. I fully expected him to be a McDavid equal right away. But that was before he left for NA and Brind'Amour who is definitely not doing the best job, but that's because of the style of play he is preaching. That's the only style he ever knew. It's ugly. It's basically the same as watching out soviet stars play in the NHL of the 90s.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Sigh...

It's not about when or why a player joined the NT. It's about what kind of prospect he is/was. Just to leave out the ones who aren't close to NT level.

And it's not about what issues he might have. It's about the end result. The end result is he could not stick in the NHL. Now officically after I was told year after yerar that he is close, so close...

Out of 5 guys on that team that were considered top level forward prospects who could make the NH one day 4 have taken the NA path(that's basically also the year when that stupididty of young Russians starteted to hit peak numbers). One of them succeeded, 3 failed. The one guy who stayed in Russia is the best player(and NHLer) out of the group now.

And again, junior NT players aren't locks to become superstars, otherwise there would be 50 new superstars every year. But it is safe to assume that the top 3-6 forwards from top teams each year have a shot at least at becoming NHL regulars.

A.Svechnikov is a budding something. I fully expected him to be a McDavid equal right away. But that was before he left for NA and Brind'Amour who is definitely not doing the best job, but that's because of the style of play he is preaching. That's the only style he ever knew. It's ugly. It's basically the same as watching out soviet stars play in the NHL of the 90s.
Lmao.

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
Probably. I'm not following American situation, though - is USHL season happening?
Weird wonder why a Russian with his skill would leave during a pandemic when he could be playing hockey in Russia right now. He will be leaving the USHL for CHL next year anyway why not just wait

Reactions: wings5 and kp61c

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Weird wonder why a Russian with his skill would leave during a pandemic when he could be playing hockey in Russia right now. He will be leaving the USHL for CHL next year anyway why not just wait

I think, you should ask about this his parents and agent.

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
Has there been any updates where or when Miroschnichenko will play? Just saw Muskegon's lineup and noticed his absence. Im sure the border issue is playing a role, assuming he's still in Russia? Although Muskegon's lineup tonight did have two Canadians and a Czech.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Has there been any updates where or when Miroschnichenko will play? Just saw Muskegon's lineup and noticed his absence. Im sure the border issue is playing a role, assuming he's still in Russia? Although Muskegon's lineup tonight did have two Canadians and a Czech.

It was mentioned on the broadcast that he's not supposed to play either game this weekend.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
So he didn't play a single preseason game.

Btw he was offered a contract not long ago by Vityaz (probably by the MHL team of the system), but his father refused to sign it because "Vityaz isn't good enough for Ivan"...

Last edited:

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
So he didn't play a single preseason game.

Btw he was offered a contract not long ago by Vityaz (probably by the MHL team of the system), but his father refused to sign it because "Vityaz isn't good enough for Ivan"...
It was good enough for Panarin. Those toxic hockey dads are sure thing toxic.

Reactions: BMann and Fantomas

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Safe to assume he's a high character kid too right? All situation player, captain, mature game - I would think so definitely.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
It was good enough for Panarin. Those toxic hockey dads are sure thing toxic.

Yes alot of these kids surpass the rest of their age group due to excessive training when they were younger but many end up burning out . They were constantly training but don't have a real passion for the sport which you need . Either this or their dads drive them into the ground because they are always making bad decisions for them and the kids cannot think for themselves , its sad. It was the case for Kabanov , Yakupov, and I believe Filatov, but not everyone gets away with it like a Lindros unfortunately

Last edited:
Reactions: BMann

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
He has all the tools to be a top forward looking at where he was. But if he continues to miss development time he will go backwards. As has been mentioned before so many of these kids either have silly ideas planted in their head that playing in North America is the be all and end all long before they have even come remotely to anywhere near being developed not just as players but as people. All the finest players from the Soviet era never played in North America apart from the latter stages. They all knew the value of hard work and practice. A couple of decent seasons in junior hockey does not mean like some of their parents or agents think, that they will be the next Boris Mikhailov or Slava Fetisov. And as for those saying too much emphasis on practice is harmful or trying to equate the Soviet system to a sporting gulag all those great human beings in the fields of science, art or the humanities also worked incredibly hard. You don't achieve anything by being lazy. Michkov should avoid any consideration of ever going to North America until he is fully developed.

The Russian style has been altered. The only consideration should be made to younger defencemen learning some of the darker arts in leagues like the WHL.

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
He has all the tools to be a top forward looking at where he was. But if he continues to miss development time he will go backwards. As has been mentioned before so many of these kids either have silly ideas planted in their head that playing in North America is the be all and end all long before they have even come remotely to anywhere near being developed not just as players but as people. All the finest players from the Soviet era never played in North America apart from the latter stages. They all knew the value of hard work and practice. A couple of decent seasons in junior hockey does not mean like some of their parents or agents think, that they will be the next Boris Mikhailov or Slava Fetisov. And as for those saying too much emphasis on practice is harmful or trying to equate the Soviet system to a sporting gulag all those great human beings in the fields of science, art or the humanities also worked incredibly hard. You don't achieve anything by being lazy. Michkov should avoid any consideration of ever going to North America until he is fully developed.

The Russian style has been altered. The only consideration should be made to younger defencemen learning some of the darker arts in leagues like the WHL.
Don’t worry, the chance Michkov ever comes over to NA to play Major Junior is slim to none imo. Miroshnichenko I feel only committed to Muskegon due to the fact Rutger Mcgroarty’s dad ( Rutger is also a high end 04 F) is the GM of Muskegon and would have known Ivan well. I’m sure they’ve played against or with each other in off season tournaments over the years, or have shared an agent, etc.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Don’t worry, the chance Michkov ever comes over to NA to play Major Junior is slim to none imo. Miroshnichenko I feel only committed to Muskegon due to the fact Rutger Mcgroarty’s dad ( Rutger is also a high end 04 F) is the GM of Muskegon and would have known Ivan well. I’m sure they’ve played against or with each other in off season tournaments over the years, or have shared an agent, etc.

No one can say that for sure about Michkov , there is always that chance these days. Muskegon also has had several Russians report there over the past few years including A. Svechnikov . Chances are higher that Miroshnichenko either shares an agent with those Russian players, knows some of them and has talked to them about the Lumberjacks organization and/or just wanted to get out of Russia. Either way, he's not there right now though, so who knows where he is or what he's doing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad