F Ivan Demidov - SKA-1946 St.Petersburg, MHL (2024 draft)

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Ivan Demidov at eliteprospects.com

Another tiny Russian magician. Not quite as good as Michkov, but still very impressive. First he scored 24 points in just 10 games, playing in U17 Moscow Championship (exactly the same league Michkov played in last season, they just were 1 year younger) being 15 yo. Second, he led Federal District Cup U16 in scoring with 19 points in 7 games.

Reactions: kp61c and JotAlan

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020
Ivan Demidov at eliteprospects.com

Another tiny Russian magician. Not quite as good as Michkov, but still very impressive. First he scored 24 points in just 10 games, playing in U17 Moscow Championship (exactly the same league Michkov played in last season, they just were 1 year younger) being 15 yo. Second, he led Federal District Cup U16 in scoring with 19 points in 7 games.

Taking into account that Kvochko has 28 points from 48 games this mhl season and Demidov is much more talented, can we see a 35-40 points season for Ivan?

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Taking into account that Kvochko has 28 points from 48 games this mhl season and Demidov is much more talented, can we see a 35-40 points season for Ivan?

Hard to say. I hope, he'll score enough points to make our U18 team for WJC U18. Vityaz actually has a pretty solid system and a lot of good players, so Demidov won't be alone. I expect a good season from him, 35-40 points probably close to my expectation.

Reactions: JotAlan

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Do you have the list?

Yeah, but it's in Russian, and I'm too lazy to type all 32 names. Out of interesting names, I can call Michkov, Miroshnichenko, defenseman Gulyayev, Kvochko, Trikozov and another interesting 2005 kid Daniil But.

What is strange, they didn't invite Valentin Zhugin and Roman Kantserov from Magnitogorsk. Are these guys gonna move to NA, I wonder. Or maybe ther are injured, because they're better, than most of invited kids.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020
Yeah, but it's in Russian, and I'm too lazy to type all 32 names. Out of interesting names, I can call Michkov, Miroshnichenko, defenseman Gulyayev, Kvochko, Trikozov and another interesting 2005 kid Daniil But.

What is strange, they didn't invite Valentin Zhugin and Roman Kantserov from Magnitogorsk. Are these guys gonna move to NA, I wonder. Or maybe ther are injured, because they're better, than most of invited kids.

Thanks. I've already seen the list on the Russian website. I also wondered the same about Kantserov and Zhugin. Should be it. Will the lineup only come from players included in this current roster?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This guy looks really good. He can skate, shoot, pass, handle the puck, and has good hockey sense. I think he could be an early pick in 2024. He also looks taller than the 5’9 listing. Russia needs some centers, so this guy staying at center and panning out would help out their National Team.

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020
Does anyone have news when he starts preseason with SKA? Will he play the season at Varyagi or 1946?

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Does anyone have news when he starts preseason with SKA? Will he play the season at Varyagi or 1946?
Pre-season is under way for a week now. SKA's "problem" though is a huge bunch of it's young players are either with the U20 or the U18 team. IIRC they played a game Varyagi vs. 1946 and I wondered what the rosters were given how many players are away..

At his age he will probably start at Varyagi which is good news for both parties. Demidov will get a lot of time and responsibility and Varyagi won't be pushovers with players like that.

As the season progresses players might be moved between teams, but I think it's best for Demidov to stay with Varyagi for now.

Reactions: JotAlan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad