F Hiroki Gojsic - Kelowna Rockets, WHL (2024 Draft)

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

Big power-forward that doesn't play a "sexy" role. He will do the little things that translate well to higher leagues by digging for pucks in corners, screening goalies and collecting garbage in front of the net, and putting it in the net where it belongs. Should be a good complementary player going forward.

WHL Rights: Victoria Royals
WHL Draft: Victoria Royals (R2, 2021, #23 Overall)

USHL Rights: Waterloo Black Hawks
USHL Draft: Waterloo Black Hawks (R14, 2022, #202 Overall)

NCAA Commitment: TBD

Penticton Vees ->

Last edited:

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Watched him last year on the Vees. Put up decent numbers with mostly 3rd/4th line minutes on a stacked team. He should get more top line minutes on a decent Rockets team.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
Looks like he gets to play with Cristall on the top line. You should see a rise in his points. Got a goal today. I'd like to see him use his size a bit more.

BTW, there were scouts from the Flames, Avs, Leafs, Preds, Sharks, Wild, Kings, Flyers, Oilers, Penguins, Ducks, Devils and Habs at the game. Doing the two game PG swing.

Reactions: bopeep

FourQuarters

Mar 31, 2022
Looks like he gets to play with Cristall on the top line. You should see a rise in his points. Got a goal today. I'd like to see him use his size a bit more.

BTW, there were scouts from the Flames, Avs, Leafs, Preds, Sharks, Wild, Kings, Flyers, Oilers, Penguins, Ducks, Devils and Habs at the game. Doing the two game PG swing.
I was so tired that I could hardly type English.
But Kelowna's head coach said in an interview that he didn't want to put the best players together, he wants Cristall to use his ability to make his linemates better, which is why he didn't let Hiroki and Tij play with AC.
Hopefully he will realise in time that we don't have that many good forwards or they will have a miserable year.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
I was so tired that I could hardly type English.
But Kelowna's head coach said in an interview that he didn't want to put the best players together, he wants Cristall to use his ability to make his linemates better, which is why he didn't let Hiroki and Tij play with AC.
Hopefully he will realise in time that we don't have that many good forwards or they will have a miserable year.

Whether he likes it or not, it's the best way to win AND develop young guys. Both Gojsic and Iginla left teams to get more top 6 minutes.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
28 points in his last 28 games.

Unlike most of his peers he's a CHL rookie who had an adjustment period to start the year.

You'd think he's moving toward 2nd round territory given his size/grit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad