F - Gunnarwolfe Fontaine - Chicago Steel, USHL (2020, 202nd, NSH)

MasterMatt25

Nov 19, 2014
Montreal
Ranked 79th on Craig's list in mid-January
Craig’s List: Tim Stutzle, Marco Rossi climb NHL draft rankings - TSN.ca

Currently has 44 points in 35 games in the USHL
Gunnarwolfe Fontaine at eliteprospects.com

I'm a bit confused as to why he's rated so highly, his numbers aren't the most impressive, and he's almost a double overager.
Is there something we're missing? How's his play away from the puck?

Anyways, here's a cool highlight of his. He has a decent shot and showed up in a big moment for his team.

He also has a really cool name

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Seems to have athletic genes , both of his sisters were and are very good NCAA players

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
Ranked 79th on Craig's list in mid-January
Craig’s List: Tim Stutzle, Marco Rossi climb NHL draft rankings - TSN.ca

Currently has 44 points in 35 games in the USHL
Gunnarwolfe Fontaine at eliteprospects.com

I'm a bit confused as to why he's rated so highly, his numbers aren't the most impressive, and he's almost a double overager.
Is there something we're missing? How's his play away from the puck?

Anyways, here's a cool highlight of his. He has a decent shot and showed up in a big moment for his team.

He also has a really cool name

one of my favorite players over the last two years in the ushl, he was good before that but different to see him do it in that league. he can put the puck in the net, plays with a lot of effort, sets the tone and when he's hot it is tough to defend him, processes fast and finds ways to score. He's not your typically projectable player considering he is not big and he's on the older end but when you catch a good game you will come away a fan for sure. I thought he was for sure worth a late pick last year since all of those picks are basically flyers. As far as flyers go he's intriguing

Reactions: MasterMatt25

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Since he is an overage player is he still eligible to go free agent after his Sr season of college? Or does he only have 3 years of eligibility?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad