F Geno Carcone - Bishop Kearney Selects, U15 AAA (2025 Draft)

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

“Carcone was the primary driver of offense on this talented BK team as his work ethic heavily outweighed that of anyone else’s during their games. He controlled the puck very well and kept his head up as he scanned for passing options and circled the zone confidently until they appeared. He had an assist that really caught my eye as he fought tremendously hard in the corner for the puck and as he came away with the puck he went down and a defender came in to scoop up the puck, but Carcone got back up and fought him off to continue around the net where he dished it out in front for his teammate to tap in. He was flying with the puck and he made defenders dive in and miss and he accelerated into the empty space to put him in a position to shoot or pass it off. He has immense talent but resiliency may be his greatest weapon.”
via: Geno Carcone - PuckPreps

USHL Rights: Des Moines Buccaneers

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Is he playing for the NTDP next season? He's not on the listed roster, and played on the 5 Nations Team, which usually is for the best players not at the NTDP.

Good player nonetheless. He was playing wing, but I think he's also capable of playing center. He's listed at 5'8 201 already, and he's a 2025 draft eligible. For such a bulky player, he skates well. Good offensive skillset. Can do some of everything. Not elite offense, but he's good offensively. Could see him getting picked in the first few rounds, if he grows 2-3 inches in the next few years.

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Is he playing for the NTDP next season? He's not on the listed roster, and played on the 5 Nations Team, which usually is for the best players not at the NTDP.

Good player nonetheless. He was playing wing, but I think he's also capable of playing center. He's listed at 5'8 201 already, and he's a 2025 draft eligible. For such a bulky player, he skates well. Good offensive skillset. Can do some of everything. Not elite offense, but he's good offensively. Could see him getting picked in the first few rounds, if he grows 2-3 inches in the next few years.
Good catch - I must’ve mistaken the evaluation camp roster with the actual roster.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
So curious as to how BK became this hot-bed for prospects to play at prior to playing in the CHL or USHL?

Was always a good school for athletics and all, with good football and basketball players, but it is really becoming a go-to hockey destination and that's so cool to see.

GermanSpitfire

Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
So curious as to how BK became this hot-bed for prospects to play at prior to playing in the CHL or USHL?

Was always a good school for athletics and all, with good football and basketball players, but it is really becoming a go-to hockey destination and that's so cool to see.
I’d argue that they’re right on par with Shattucks too.
I’d like to hear the answer also.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I’d argue that they’re right on par with Shattucks too.
I’d like to hear the answer also.
Pretty awesome to see, as someone from the area.

Probably helps when you can offer stuff like this to kids:

Those same qualities that he displayed in his playing career are the ones he’s trying to down to his player at BK Selects, where he works alongside former NHLer and Rochester, N.Y., native Ryan Callahan, who serves as BK’s Director of Player Development.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad